Quality Engineer - Metals/Relocate to Rockledge, FL
Manufacturing Recruiters Orlando, FL
- Posted: over a month ago
- $75,000 to $85,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
QUALITY ENGINEER - Metals
Our client is looking for a Quality Engineer with a min. of 4-6 years of experience in process / product failure modes, controls and common defects that is results driven. In addition, they are looking for someone who enjoys spending considerable time on the production floor both at their plant operation and with Customers.
- 4-6 years of experience working as a Quality Engineer
- 4-6+ years of experience with process / product failure modes, controls and common defects.
- Must be a strong, collaborative leader who works well cross-functionally and enjoys working as a team, but also works well individually.
- Must have strong skills in leading team-based problem solving.
- Experienced in working and negotiating with Customers from a Quality perspective
- Proven ability to develop successful partnerships with internal and external team members
- English fluency required in both written and oral communication
- Proven experience in ISO 9001 or IATF 6949
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing (5 Whys, Ishikawa Diagrams, etc)
- Knowledge of process related standards
- Extensive knowledge of Aluminum Association standards and ASTM standards (highly preferred)
- Ability to travel 30-50%. Travel may be required on a very short notice.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering.
- Must be Computer Literate.
- Proficiency in PC Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Minitab (highly preferred)
- Review customer inquiries, requests for quotations and related specifications, evaluate the organization's capability for compliance, and recommend acceptance or make recommendations for exceptions. Maintain customer specifications as controlled documents.
- Prepare & submit PPAP documentation/samples for approval by customers to qualify new & revised products & processes.
- Provide quality assurance support and training for internal departments. Interpret product tolerances and specifications relating to product deviations and make quality disposition decisions.
- Establish and maintain quality management system processes and documentation such as process flow diagrams, PFMEA’s, control plans, process controls, work instructions, and inspection plans and records.
- Perform audits of quality management systems and manufacturing processes, created related records and follow-up on nonconformities to closure in order to achieve continuous improvement.
- Ensures new product safe launch by participating in the trial plan, the trial execution and dock audit for prototypes / first production shipments.
- Perform studies and report process capability analyses to validate new or changed products and processes.
- Develop effective/productive working relationships with Customers. Anticipate, manage, meet Customer expectations related to PPAP’s, process changes, corrective actions & other quality-related issues. Manage resolution of customer complaints in the best interest of Hydro & facilitate completion of effective corrective actions.
- Maintain quality system software and related databases.
- Coordinate and contribute to meetings and teams formed to resolve a wide range of problems.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements and policies related to the position. Acquire and apply knowledge of Hydro’s safety, environmental and quality standards.
- Perform other related duties as assigned to maintain work flow or respond to emergency conditions.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Maintains work area in a clean and orderly condition in accordance with 5 S standards.
- Requires the ability to perform all duties within limitation of the standard methods and procedures, and in accordance with strict adherence to HSE, Quality and Productivity requirements.
We are an Executive Recruiting Search Firm, working on behalf of our clients.