PRODUCTION MANAGER - Food or Food Packaging
Our Client is looking for a Production Manager with a Passion for Safety and 5+ years of experience in Food Processing/Mfg and/or Food Contact Packaging. The successful candidate will strong, collaborative Leadership skills with the ability to calmly lead and hold people accountable. Great location to raise a family with a wide variety of outdoor activities.
NOTE: This position is located in the greater Vidalia, GA area. Relocation is required. Relo assistance is available for the successful candidate.
KEY REQUIREMENTS Include:
- 5+ years of Food Manufacturing/Processing &/or Food Contact Packaging experience
- 10+ years of manufacturing experience
- 5+ years of Production Management experience with a workforce of 150 EEs
- 3+ years of Continuous Improvement experience with Root Cause Problem Solving, ability to facilitate root cause, ability to focus on process and visual factory experience.
- Perishable Food, LACF experience or Thermal Processing experience highly preferred
- Knowledge of HACCP
- Strong Collaborative Leadership Skills including:
- Being Inspiring, Motivational.
- Having ability to lead through others and have influencing skills
- Ability to be proactive regarding management of priorities and crises
- Metrics Driven
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills and ability to communicate with all levels of organization
- Strong Planning and Organizational Skills
- Experienced with Fiscal Management
- Regulatory agency experience highly preferred
- Must have good computer skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Note: Rural environment
- Company will provide relocation assistance.
- Six Sigma Black Belt a huge plus
EDUCATION: 4-year degree highly preferred (Engineering or Food Science a huge plus), or related field, or min. 5 years of experience as a Production Manager in Food Processing/Mfg or Food Contact Packaging along with additional training.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES Include:
Responsibility for Production Operation and Team of about 180 employees. Safety is #1.
- Ensure Safe working environment and Safety of Team and others in the plant, and follow all Policies and Procedures including for LOTO.
- Perform Safety inspection daily while always looking for preventable hazards. Follow up on unsafe conditions identified during inspection or by hazards/unsafe conditions reported by your team. Discuss action plans with GM.
- Address unsafe Behaviors & Conditions
- Hold Daily Direction Setting Meetings
- Mentor and Coach Team
- Responsible for giving clear expectations and do goal setting with Team members. Also responsible for holding Team members accountable with consequences. Monitor performance, provide feedback, & develop action plan for improvement. Provide training.
- Responsibility with hiring, discipline/write ups/action planning, terminations & other personnel recommendations, while communicating/working with your Supervisor and the HR Manager.
- Keep Supervisor appraised of progress/questions.
- JTAs, Job Descriptions, and Performance Evaluations.
- Approve staffing recommendation and fill open positions to meet production requirements. Research cost overruns, develop and implement approved action plans to correct.
- Achieve desired yields and meet budgeted costs.
- Achieve compliance with SOP through monitoring and development of action plans for critical points under 85%.
- Plan and Compliance to established schedule. Compliance with BRC procedures.
- Daily monitoring of products and daily monitoring.
- Identify cost saving opportunities and implement approved action plans to achieve.
- Implement action plans and develop root cause analysis to reduce and control rework incidents and inventory,
- Responsible for generating reports including, cost center reports., daily KPI and Scorecards, OEE, FHFP, Daily accounting inventory report, CCI, Daily QC reports, weekly BRC reports, Daily sanitation checklist.
- Meet Company quality and sanitation standards.
- Develop and implement action plans to correct repetitive sanitation problems
- Perform daily self-monitoring sanitation inspections with area lead and identify and/or take corrective action.
- Achieve variance goals for all critical supplies, raw material and finished product.
- Verify weekly raw material reconciliation and advice any adjustment to accounting.
- Perform weekly location compliance audits for freezer and finish goods.
- Monthly inventory. Critical supplies. Variance report. Daily production. Variance report