FINISHING MANAGER - ALUMINUM
Our client is looking for a Finishing Manager for their operation in the greater Monroe, LA area. Position reports to the Operations Manager. Great company to work for. Career growth opportunities.
- 7+ years Supervision/Leadership positions in high volume manufacturing environment.
- 3+ years of Anodizing experience required
- Must have the mindset that Safety is more important that Production
- Responsible for shift supervisors, their teams, operators, inspectors, & other direct labor.
- Manufacturing experience and must be able to organize and manage multiple tasks.
- Formal Leadership training a must
- Ability to manage multiple objectives and deadlines
- Strong working knowledge of Extrusion Press Practices
- Must be people-orientated & know how to effectively motivate, inspire & manage people
- Must constantly evolve Learning & Development of direct reports
- Demonstrated ability to work in and through teams, with all levels of the workforce
- Must be approachable and open minded
- Must be willing to hold people accountable in a fair, impartial and consistent manner
- Must be experienced Change Management
- Must have good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate on all levels
- Must be able to communicate important messages /matters of significance in a clear and concise manner
- Must be able to sell change to employees, including showing them why change is good and help envision the future
- Strong computer skills required; must be able to proficiently use MS products, including Excel formula’s & OneNote
EDUCATION: A post-secondary degree a plus, but will consider equivalent work experience
- This person will be responsible for directing Anodize operations performed in three shifts of production lines, ensuring the anodize and finish operations reaches safety, quality, volume and cost goals.
- Oversee development/execution of Anodize Strategic A3’s that align EHS, Quality, Time, Cost & People with the operations business case
- Oversees day to day operations in the Anodizing Department and evaluates and performs functions of staffing, quality, safety, housekeeping, delivery and cost of manufacturing
- Able to develop a High-Performance Team and deliver results
- Fosters an environment that allows staff and responsible departments to interact and develop processes and procedures that comply with Hydro Delhi’s strategic objectives and promotes continuous improvement
- Recommends capital expenditures for acquisition of new equipment to increase efficiency & services of the department
- Approves requisitions for equipment, materials & supplies within limits of depart. budget
- Enforces compliance with administrative policies, procedures, safety rules and governmental regulations
- Investigates causes of customer or other complaints and responds accordingly
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with organizations’ policies/applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, making hiring decisions, and training employees; planning, assigning & directing work; appraising performance, rewarding & disciplining employees; addressing complaints & resolving problems.
- Other duties as assigned