ANODIZING MANAGER - ALUMINUM
Our client is looking for an Anodizing Manager for their operation in the greater Monroe, LA area. Position reports to the Operations Manager. Great company to work for. Career growth opportunities.
- 7+ years Supervision/Leadership positions in high volume manufacturing environment.
- 3+ years of Anodizing experience required
- Must have the mindset that Safety is more important that Production
- Responsible for shift supervisors, their teams, operators, inspectors, & other direct labor.
- Manufacturing experience and must be able to organize and manage multiple tasks.
- Formal Leadership training a must
- Ability to manage multiple objectives and deadlines
- Strong working knowledge of Extrusion Press Practices
- Must be people-orientated & know how to effectively motivate, inspire & manage people
- Must constantly evolve Learning & Development of direct reports
- Demonstrated ability to work in and through teams, with all levels of the workforce
- Must be approachable and open minded
- Must be willing to hold people accountable in a fair, impartial and consistent manner
- Must be experienced Change Management
- Must have good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate on all levels
- Must be able to communicate important messages /matters of significance in a clear and concise manner
- Must be able to sell change to employees, including showing them why change is good and help envision the future
- Strong computer skills required; must be able to proficiently use MS products, including Excel formula’s & OneNote
EDUCATION: A post-secondary degree a plus, but will consider equivalent work experience
- This person will be responsible for directing Anodize operations performed in three shifts of production lines, ensuring the anodize and finish operations reaches safety, quality, volume and cost goals.
- Oversee development/execution of Anodize Strategic A3’s that align EHS, Quality, Time, Cost & People with the operations business case
- Oversees day to day operations in the Anodizing Department and evaluates and performs functions of staffing, quality, safety, housekeeping, delivery and cost of manufacturing
- Able to develop a High-Performance Team and deliver results
- Fosters an environment that allows staff and responsible departments to interact and develop processes and procedures that comply with Hydro Delhi’s strategic objectives and promotes continuous improvement
- Recommends capital expenditures for acquisition of new equipment to increase efficiency & services of the department
- Approves requisitions for equipment, materials & supplies within limits of depart. budget
- Enforces compliance with administrative policies, procedures, safety rules and governmental regulations
- Investigates causes of customer or other complaints and responds accordingly
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with organizations’ policies/applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, making hiring decisions, and training employees; planning, assigning & directing work; appraising performance, rewarding & disciplining employees; addressing complaints & resolving problems.
- Other duties as assigned