Oversees the 2nd shift operation of a multi-shift manufacturing facility. Responsible for ensuring that production, quality, shipping, performance, and safety objectives set by the Production Manager are met. Reviews upcoming production requirements with management and requests any necessary changes to the work force requirements. Recognizes production problems and takes preventive or corrective action to correct the issue. Recommends and implements changes to improve quality and reduce manufacturing costs.
Essential Job Functions
· Directs production operations and processes for a second shift
· Monitors performance data and works with the 2nd shift production team to hit established goals
· Recognizes and solves problems affecting production including set-up, staffing, scheduling, quality, and process flow of the work orders
· Reviews upcoming work orders for requirements including hours, processes, and materials to determine when the jobs will be complete, notifying Production Manager if a date will not be hit
· Assigns work to the second shift employees, trains employees, completes performance reviews, and required discipline per the Employee Handbook
· Multitasks daily duties while prioritizing specific tasks to accomplish daily goals
· Holds the 2nd shift team accountable to company policy’s, goals, and expectations daily and addresses team members when needed through additional training, discipline, and even termination
· Manages equipment status to improve labor productivity (including downtime)
· Responsible for ensuring production associates enter their production data into ERP system accurately, helps balance associates daily entries and provide efficiency feedback.
· Thinks with a Continuous Improvement mindset and works with the team to implement ideas
· Understands lean concepts and 5-S and works to implement throughout the shop floor
· Maintain a safe working environment for the team
· Hold meetings with 2nd shift when needed to discuss issues (quality, productivity, attendance, following processes)
· Participates in Safety Committee meetings and accident investigations if needed
· Assist the production floor in any way you can to maintain smooth production
· Understanding of equipment and the ability to troubleshoot issues.