- Collect and inspect random samples during print runs to identify any necessary adjustments
- Examine job orders to determine quantities to be printed, stock specifications, colors, or special printing instructions.
- Verify that paper and ink meet the specifications for a given job.
- Start presses and pull proofs to check for ink coverage and density, alignment, and registration.
- Load presses with paper and make necessary adjustments, according to paper size.
- Secure printing plates to printing units and adjust tolerances.
- Set and adjust print by visual approximation, fell or electrical adjustment, depending on the press.
- Clean ink fountains, plates, or printing unit cylinders when press runs are completed.
- Clean anilox roll, CI drum, patch rollers, PVA plates, blades and excess glue between runs.
- Change cylinders, as required.
- Make viscosity adjustments of mix inks if necessary and fill ink pots.
- Feed paper through press cylinders and adjust feed and tension controls.
- Monitor automated press operation systems and respond to fault, error, or alert messages.
- Clean or oil presses or make minor repairs, using hand tools.
- Adjust ink fountain flow rates.
- Maintain time or production records.
Saint Louis, MO