Shipping & Receiving Clerk
- $35,000 to $40,000 Yearly
This position is responsible for preparing outgoing shipments and receiving incoming shipments. Their duties include organizing inventory for easy retrieval as new orders come in, reviewing incoming and outgoing shipment schedules to maintain productive operations and documenting damages to inventory.
A successful Shipping Clerk will be required to perform efficiently in a plant and dispatch environment by handling incoming and outgoing deliveries.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- · Interact with supervisors of other departments to coordinate flow of materials or products.
- · Verify or prepare records, such as routing slips, material requisitions, and job orders.
- · Manage activities of shipping and receiving personnel.
- Keep files of goods shipped and received by preparing regular shipping and receiving reports for managers
- Handle issues arising in shipping or inventory handling
- Ensure adherence to environmental management and systems
- Trouble shoots shipping issues and customer complaints that arise and work to solve them
- · Train new workers.
Education and Experience
· AA degree in Business or related field and four (4) years’ experience handling procurement, purchasing, and inventory, preferably in a utility environment
· Six (6) Months of supervisory experience, or any equivalent combination of education or experience.
· QAD/ERP experience a plus and knowledge of spreadsheet and database applications.
· Must possess a valid Michigan Driver License at date of hire
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· General knowledge of cost effective inventory principles and management; knowledge and experience in Planning and Managing Warehouse Operations.
· General knowledge of standard safety practices and procedures relating to warehouse operations and equipment.
· Skills in the operation of the calculator and PC computer.
· Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with line crew personnel, public contacts, vendors and external customers
· Ability to effectively manage time and project priorities.
· Ability to administer and supervise; exercise judgment in appraising situations in making decisions.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and vendors.
Manufacturing CompanyDetroit, MI
Transportation and Storage
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.