The quality engineer will support or lead quality requirements for the customers & support for the QMS. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that all required quality documents for the customers and internal QMS are maintained with the Quality Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
• PPAP submissions per AIAG and/or customer specific requirements
• FAIR submissions per customer specific requirements
• Liaison with customers and supplier for quality issues
• Ensure timeliness of external and internal corrective actions
• Conduct Root Cause analysis using various methods (8D, 5Why, Fishbone, etc)
• Internal Audit Program
• Training of production team members on quality requirements
• Post quality alerts
• Assist with quality documentation
• Conduct layered process audits
• SPC activities
• Balloon Prints
• Usage of all inspection equipment on lab equipment list
• Calibrate all measurement equipment list (Internal or External Calibration)
• Receiving Inspection (Material and Outside Processing)
• Setup Inspection activities
• In-Process Inspection activities
• MSA studies
• First Article inspection activities
• Assist with in-process inspection gaging
• Good problem-solving skills. Ability to get along with people at all levels
• Understanding of QMS, familiar with ISO, TS, IATF & AS standards.
• Understanding & ability to utilize Q.C. laboratory tools i.e. caliper, micrometer etc.
• 5 years’ experience as Quality Engineer, Supervisor & or Lead
Must have Automobile Manufacturing Experience.