Manufacturing Company Norcross, GA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
US manufacturing company north of Atlanta is looking for a skilled Purchasing Agent to buy goods and services necessary for their business.
You will be the ideal candidate if you have a keen eye for detail and a commercial mindset. Your communication skills will help you negotiate effectively and maintain our profitable relationships with our suppliers in the US and in Asia.
- Work with Management to ensure our suppliers are continuously improving in the areas of quality, cost, service and delivery performance.
- Verify receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolve shipments in error with suppliers, authorize payment for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation.
- Monitor status of the timely resolution, communication and mitigation of future potential problems by forecast and expediting time-critical orders.
- Manage and resolve issues regarding returns and quality issues.
- Manage inventory levels to ensure ready availability while maintaining an optimal inventory level.
- Prepare purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtain recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; obtain approval where required by company policy.
- College degree, preferably in business administration, procurement or logistics.
- Five (5) years in the B2B business, much of which has been in purchasing.
- Must have sound negotiating skills, proven ability to communicate effectively and professionally both verbally and written form.
- Experience with complex transactions with little supervision.
- Must have a keen eye for detail and strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Ability to read and understand work flows.
- Experience working with ERP and PC applications, including common software such as Microsoft Office, also a willingness to learn company created software for managing projects.
- Experience with suppliers in China is preferred.
Manufacturing CompanyWhy Work Here?
A very fun team dealing with leaders in the retail, hospitality, commercial and residential design communities.
A fun, fast-paced, growth-oriented, multi-million dollar manufacturer of cabinet and display lighting
BusinessView all jobs at Manufacturing Company