Manufacturing Company Des Plaines, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, medical, 401k,
Perform all functions associated with planning, coordinating and supervising workflow, workload and the performance of a group of employees engaged in production and related work activities in accordance with established company and department objectives, as well as manufacturing processes, company safety programs and customer specifications. Supervise 1st shift employees, as well as overtime, when operating. This includes, but is not limited to: hire, train and evaluate employee performance, review work and assist/coach/counsel employees, as well as enforce company policies, procedures, processes and rules.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proficiency to lead employees to achieve departmental and company production, quality and safety goals and meet standards.
- Strong supervisory skills, including delegating, assigning, reviewing and verifying work, as well as eliminating obstacles and operational difficulties relating to production problems.
- Proficiency and willingness to assist and train staff, setting priorities, managing employees, workload and workflow, and enforcing company policies, procedures, processes.
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment to investigate and formulate corrective action(s) to resolve production and related quality, safety and employee‐related problems, guided by precedent and within the limits of established policies and procedures, and in dealing with all levels of employees and management to meet production schedules in accordance with organization policy and programs.
- Ability to influence others in areas such as meeting production schedules, implementing corrective actions, streamlining departmental work and plant workflow, and meeting standards of performance and operating procedures, to improve overall operating results.
- Must be able to physically handle material and tools, which is equivalent to frequently lifting or moving material up to 50 pounds. Lifting is floor to waist and/or waist to chest.
- Ability to follow all safety procedures and standard operating procedures established by the company.
· Arranges for materials and supplies needed for daily production.
· Accurate data reporting and follow-up on all department inventories.
- Updates and communicates labor needs regularly.
- Provides and receives feedback to develop employees and future leaders.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Plant Management
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 4-6 years’ experience in a manufacturing management or supervisory role
· Associate’s degree in related field, or equivalent industry work experience required; Bachelor’s degree in Management, Engineering, Business, or related field preferred.
- Bilingual - English/Spanish is a must
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Knowledge of ERP system.
· Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
· Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
· Thorough understanding of raw materials, production processes, quality control, cost management, and other effective manufacturing and distribution techniques.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, with specific solid skills in Excel (e.g. strong basic user, preferably intermediate user), or related software.
- Experience managing employees in a manufacturing production environment.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and have a positive attitude.
- Team motivator with a high energy level and diligent work ethic.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills
· Prolonged periods of standing and walking through the factory.
· Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk working on computers.
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds at times.
· Visual acuity to inspect products and machinery.
Manufacturing CompanyWhy Work Here?
We are a growing manufacturing company looking for new ideas that you could call your own.
We are a fast-growing manufacturing company located in the northwest suburbs of Chicago seeking a high-energy candidate. We are experiencing tremendous growth.
AddressDes Plaines, IL
ManufacturingView all jobs at Manufacturing Company