Production Manufacturing Manager
Manufacturing Company College Point, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the plant while working with the production team to establish department goals/objectives and identify appropriate measurements and track progress in each area. This position will lead and facilitate process improvement teams and manage the technical issues which may impact production. Collaborate on the identifications and implementation of capital project(s) which support process improvement and advanced manufacturing capabilities.
Major Responsibilities include: Planning and Scheduling, Production Control and Monitoring, Inventory as well as Quality Assurance Control. Must be able to manage all production personnel and complete/file and review management reports.
Daily duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overall capacity planning and manufacturing of existing and newly developed products in areas of assignment in compliance with all regulatory requirements in a cost effective manner and in accordance with planned budget;
- Develops corrective actions for non-conformance issues identified by internal and external audits;
- Maintains and improves quality standards, resolves technical related issues and improves manufacturing procedures, processes, monitoring and measurement systems;
- Conducts sound root cause investigations to address quality and scrap issues and develop effective corrective actions for non-conformance issues identified by the quality system;
- Maintain the maintenance of all production machinery by coordinating these functions as necessary with Management, Facilities, Maintenance and Engineering departments;
- Reviews and signs process sheets for accuracy and correctness;
- Ensures preventative maintenance, housekeeping, etc. is conducted on a regular basis and reports back to management
- Works closely with Engineering and Planning functions to forecast machinery, material and equipment needed to meet requirements of new and existing products. Works with Engineering to develop appropriate set up and lay out of equipment and cleanliness of general work areas.
- General knowledge regarding capacity planning including ERP and Manufacturing Processing Systems (MPS) is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with revising site documentation to improve operations (logbooks, process sheets, work instructions, training guides, etc.)
- Must have PC knowledge with experience using Windows and Microsoft Office software
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities to drive talent development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Demonstrated strong project management skills are required; the ability to lead and facilitate project improvements.
- Microsoft Applications, MRP Systems and Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma
- Must be a team builder/player as well as organized and have great interpersonal skills
Education & experience requirements:
- University/Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of four (4) years of experience in manufacturing or related operations is required.
- Two (2) years of lead or direct supervision experience preferred.
- Experience within a GMP and/or ISO regulated manufacturing environment is required; ISO9001 / ISO13485 is preferred.
- Experience with NCR process, CAPA and other quality system components is preferred
- Basic understanding and working knowledge of Lean Six Sigma/Process Excellence Tools is required.
- Lean Six/Sigma Training and/or Certification are preferred
- Sheet Metal and wood Fabrication knowledge a big plus
AddressCollege Point, NY
ManufacturingView all jobs at Manufacturing Company