Manufacturing Company Valencia, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
L.A. Turbine is a design and manufacturing company creating application-specific, highly engineered turboexpanders that are used in hydrocarbon processing, geothermal power generation, and other power-recovery or refrigeration applications in industrial processes worldwide. Expert field service, repair, and spare parts are available for all types of turboexpanders.
The company’s operation is vertically integrated with broad engineering expertise and analytical competency, multi-axial CNC machining capability, mechanical assembly, PLC and electrical assembly, complete metal fabrication, and testing facilities that include resonance, balancing, pressure, performance, and mechanical run test.
Position Summary: This position will be responsible for design and analyze a variety of mechanical systems, equipment, and packaging.
· Design turboexpander per project specifications using SOLIDWORKS in PLM/PDM managed system.
· Perform Rotor-dynamics analysis
· Perform structural analysis of various components, including modal and harmonic analysis using ANSYS FEA program.
· Specify appropriately sized hardware such as fasteners, O-rings, etc.
· Prepare design review documentation
· Prepare and verify detailed drawings for proper dimensions and tolerances
· Requires BSME or BSAE
· 2+ years of experience in Mechanical design
· General mechanical engineering topics (statics, dynamics, thermodynamics, machine design, stress analysis)
· Working knowledge of manufacturing and assembly processes
· Experience with SOLIDWORKS, AutoCAD preferred, Advanced 3D/2D experience in other software may be acceptable
· Understanding of GD&T per ANSI Y14.5
· Experience with Model Based Definition (MBD) Design
· Excellent written and verbal communication with internal and external customers
· Generation of clear technical/test reports
· Ability to effectively handle multiple projects in a team atmosphere
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Experience with turbo machinery
· Experience with FEA
· Experience in oil and gas industry and API standards
· Experience with FEA software and/or CFD software
· Interest and basic knowledge of electrical circuits and control systems
· Interest and basic knowledge of thermodynamics and fluid mechanics
· Familiarity with ASME material codes and pressure vessel codes
· Testing experience
· Knowledge of programming languages such as VBA, C++, Python
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, use hands and fingers to type, handle, feel, grasp, pushing, and pulling. The individual is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk and hear, operate office equipment (computer, copier, scanner, phone, etc.) and repetitive motion. The individual is occasionally required to climb, walk and/or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The individual may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus. This position is subject to both office and uncontrolled manufacturing shop environmental conditions, noise and oils as well as subjected to hazards such as, but not limited to, moving parts and vehicles, heat and chemicals.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with employer contribution. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sponsorship is not available for this position.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Manufacturing Company