Junior R&D Mechanic - Engine Builder
Manufacturing Company West Covina, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $24 to $31 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Banks is currently seeking a full time Engine Builder/R&D Mechanic I to work in house at our location on our Southern California campus.
Summary: Develops improved or new designs for automotive engines, or modifies existing engines on production vehicles, and directs building, modification, and testing of vehicle engines.
Successful candidate will:
- Assist the engineering R&D group in developing racing and street performance engines and customizations.
- Tear down, design, build, rebuild, fine tune and test diesel and gasoline engines to improve gasoline and engine power efficiency; take measurements, blueprint and prototype new components.
- Operate lathe and mill, boring and honing equipment, cylinder head build equipment and NDT inspection equipment to build engine components to specification.
- Conduct experiments and tests on existing designs and equipment, using tools such as a flow bench, to obtain data on function of and performance of equipment.
- Analyze data to develop new designs for motors and other related mechanical, hydraulic, cooling and electromechanical components and systems in automotive equipment.
- Direct and coordinate building or modification of automotive engines to meet performance goals and ensure conformance with engineering design.
- Monitor the health of engines by performing routine inspections such as leak down, compression, cylinder bore scope, oil sample analysis and more. Generate reports based on findings.
- Work with the instrument and test group to perform test activities on engines under designated conditions; analyze test data; identify and resolve engine performance problems; alter or modify design to obtain specified functional and operational performance.
- Disassemble engines and adjust or replaces parts; reassemble engines and listen to engine in action to detect operational difficulties.
- Assist in instrumentation of engine with various sensors and installation of engine into DYNO test cells or vehicles.
- Maintain inventory of engine components and consumables required for the job. Source required parts and work with purchasing team to procure items for upcoming projects.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum of 3+ years tearing down, designing, installing, building and testing automotive engines
- Must have an understanding of Gas and Diesel engines and knowledge of turbocharging and supercharging
- Must be able to create, read and interpret blueprints
- Must be familiar with engine and chassis dynamometers, and have knowledge of race engine tuning and an enthusiasm for automotive high performance
- Must have the ability to read and/or write, analyze, interpret and create engineering documents, technical drawings, business correspondence, technical specifications and test results
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 30-50 pounds.
Banks Power offers a competitive salary and a benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and Aflac plans along with a generous 401k Match. Banks Power provides a pleasant, professional, and dynamic work environment.
Certain positions with Banks require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.
Banks provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Banks complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Banks expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Banks’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
AddressWest Covina, CA
ManufacturingView all jobs at Manufacturing Company