Health Safety Specialist
Manufacturing Company Concord, ON
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Environmental, Health & Safety Specialist
Multy Home LP is a leading global manufacturer of floor covering and outdoor living products. With manufacturing and distribution facilities in Canada, Poland and the U.S.A. We are committed to sourcing sustainable or recycled material wherever possible in our production. Every year, Multy Home diverts 3 million tires and 15 million water bottles from landfill. We create beautiful, eco-friendly, useful products for homes and gardens everywhere.
The Environmental, Health & Safety Specialist, reporting to the HR Manager, will manage and champions environmental, health and safety programs for two manufacturing sites, ensuring ongoing compliance managing environment, health and safety-related risks and improving related performance. In addition, this role leads and collaborates with both plants to audit, develop and continuously improve environmental, health and safety management system and associated tools, processes and procedures. The role will interface directly with all levels of the organization.
- Developing, planning, implementing and maintaining strategies, goals, systems and programs to minimize or eliminate accidents, ergonomic injuries and eliminate industrial health exposure risks
- Providing regular update and recommendations of plan/program execution and any necessary remedial actions required
- Developing and communicating meaningful key performance indicators to measure success and identify opportunities
- Regularly communicate and collaborate with business leaders to identify feedback and areas of improvement
- Managing and maintain current certification training required for operation of equipment and/or machinery
- As a true business partner, collaboratively work with all departments to Identify, plan and develop opportunities for hazard exposure for our environments
- Conducting environmental, health and safety internal audits
- Establishing and maintaining comprehensive industrial health and safety records to demonstrate improvement in safety performance
- Monitoring all HSE legal requirements
- Reporting on accident/incident statistics, identify trends, monitor corrective action and identify and source any training required.
- Managing workers compensation cases.
- Supporting and/or leading continuous improvement initiatives.
- Conducting all work duties as per the Occupational Health & Safety Act & Regulations, the health, safety & environmental policies and Quality policies as established by Multy Home.
- Coordinating recycling program and spill control team.
- Providing Leaders with safety topics for use in line meetings
- Monitoring Material Safety Data Sheets (MDS) and ensure they are updated
- Conducting sampling as required to comply with environmental regulations
- Establishing written safety standards and annually update and review these policies and procedures
- Minimum of 5 years of applicable experience, in a manufacturing environment, including implementing an Environmental, Health and Safety Program
- Bachelor's Degree or post-secondary education in Health and Safety, a diploma/degree in a related field or equivalent experience and proven success in a similar role
- Certified in OHS and Environmental (CRSP), a must
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply the OHSA and associated regulations and other applicable standards.
- Experience in implementing an Environmental, Health and Safety Program
- Strong customer service skills aligned to meeting the needs of internal customers and employees to get things done; safely & efficiently
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence in English. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees of organization.
We appreciate your interest in our company. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity in our workplace. We are committed to providing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Human Rights Code and Accessibility Legislation. Accommodations will be provided to individuals, upon request. If selected to participate in the recruitment process and you require accommodations, please advise Human Resources.
BusinessView all jobs at Manufacturing Company