Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop complete manufacturing and assembly cost estimates for existing and new customer projects based on the specifications, drawings and CAD data provided.
- Assist customers in defining design for manufacturability problems, make recommendations and provide solutions.
- Gather all necessary information from the customer to provide a complete and accurate scope of work description at new product introduction (NPI) meetings.
- Create within the ERP system comprehensive manufacturing workflow instructions including bill of materials, step-by-step routings and cycle times.
- Implement updated processes for new or changed customer requirements.
- Provide technical and other engineering assistance in a timely fashion to various departments as needed.
- Maintain current knowledge in the field of process engineering by active participation in related professional societies and regularly reviewing current technical literature.
- Investigate and approve or disapprove manufacturing processes or materials change requests.
- Prepare quotations for fabricated component and assemblies reflecting existing engineering specifications along with new business opportunities.
- Present quotes with customers and sales team to help secure new business awards.
- Assist in the development of new strategic sources for outside processes and technical manufacturing support.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Basic business writing skills and ability to produce quality reports that are well organized, clear and concise in a timely manner
- Must be a pro-active, self-starter who is flexible and possesses exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate with management, team members and vendors
- Must practice exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills both written and oral
- Familiarity with external specifications (materials, finishes, hardware)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Degree in Mechanical or manufacturing engineering desired
- 3+ years of manufacturing cost estimating experience preferred
- Detailed understanding of metal fabrication principles
- Proficiency with Solid Works and ability to read and interpret blueprints and CAD a must
- Familiarity with laser, press brake and turret presses.