Credit Collections Specialist
Manufacturing Company Concord, ON
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Multy Home LP is a leading global manufacturer of floor covering and outdoor living products. With manufacturing and distribution facilities in Canada, Poland and the U.S.A. We are committed to sourcing sustainable or recycled material wherever possible in our production. Every year, Multy Home diverts 3 million tires and 15 million water bottles from landfill. We create beautiful, eco-friendly, useful products for homes and gardens everywhere.
Position Summary: The Credit and Collections Specialist supports the Accounts Receivable Manager in providing professional credit control functions in accordance with Multy Home’s policies and procedures. This role will actively monitor assigned customer accounts for non-payments, delayed payments, and other irregularities. Conducts credit checks on new and potential customers.
- Performs B2B daily collection activity for assigned account portfolio.
- Provide necessary documentation to customers as requested to attain payment.
- Builds and maintains relationships with a variety of customers in a dynamic industry.
- Negotiates and secures payment arrangements with customers.
- Determines appropriate plans of action for delinquent accounts and resolve day-to-day account issues
- Evaluates customer’s credit and financial statements to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit
- Reconciles customer accounts on a regular basis.
- Attain payment remittance for cash application team.
- Escalates all collection, billing, and reconciliation issues to Account Receivable Manager and Sales Team according to escalation process.
- Provide complete historical collection efforts for each assigned account on a regular basis.
- Manages credit hold and release orders in accordance with company guidelines
- Perform skip trace on delinquent customers.
- Create Manual Invoices as needed.
- Assists Accounts Receivable manager with audits and compliance concerns
- Performs any other reasonable assignments given by the Department Management or their designates.
- Maintains 5S standards for the group and ensure audits are completed on time and corrective actions implemented.
- Maintains positive employee relations; ensure the open-door policy is observed and a collaborate approach is adopted.
Works with his/her respective group to ensure overall company training needs are achieved
· Post-Secondary education in finance, accounting or equivalent field required
· Minimum 3 years of experience with collections, invoicing, and/or accounts receivable
· Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications
· Sound knowledge of GAAP and basic accounting principles
· Strong attention to detail with a dedication to accuracy
· Ability to analyze large sets of data
· High degree of familiarity with accounts receivable functions
· Credit and Collection Certification is an asset
· Excellent customer service skills
We appreciate your interest in our company. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity in our workplace. We are committed to providing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Human Rights Code and Accessibility Legislation. Accommodations will be provided to individuals, upon request. If selected to participate in the recruitment process and you require accommodations, please advise Human Resources.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Manufacturing Company