**Long Term Contract**
We are looking for experienced CNC Machinist that can Set up and Operate Swiss Style CNC Machines. Such as Star Machines SA, SR, SV, SW, Citizen Machines L's, M's, B12's, RO4's. Deco Machines Deco 2000, EvoDeco and 4 and 5 axis Vertical and Horizontal Mills Robo’s, DMU, DMG
Day shift position that will rotate periodically (and by rotation, this means the days of the week the person will work rotate but they will always work the same hours
- Operate and perform all machine set ups and troubleshoot all tooling issues to produce high quality component parts and perform maintenance on the machine and tooling used.
- Perform quality inspection of finished components throughout the process.
- This position includes significant duties such as:
- Read and interpret prints, routings, layouts, and related documents to produce component parts that meet design specifications in order to satisfy company quality standards.
- Set-up and operate all jobs routed to the assigned machines with no assistance and meet the production standard required for the given department.
- May be required to write and/or edit existing machine programs on similar parts to produce component parts that meet design specifications in order to satisfy company quality standards.
- Communicate any equipment or tooling issues to departmental lead/supervision to ensure production schedules are on track to be met.
- Perform various machine functions such as turning, drilling, reaming, threading.
- Check work within close tolerances and inspect component parts to print using precision measuring equipment such as micrometers, calipers, thread gauges, plug gauges, comparator, etc. throughout the process.
- Complete necessary paperwork on a daily basis.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance and most machine repairs on assigned machines, and maintain proper coolant levels and concentrations on a daily basis.
- Troubleshoot all machine and tooling problems and correct as necessary with no assistance.
- May be required to assign machines to operators within cell/work-center on a daily basis to meet production schedule demands.
- Maintain safety and quality standards using acceptable housekeeping practices and 5s processes on equipment and work area.
- Frequent average effort in lifting, pushing, and pulling.
- Good working conditions. Some exposure to elements of cutting oil, coolant, noise, and wetness, none disagreeable.
- High School/General Education Diploma, Accredited Machinist Apprenticeship or the equivalent of previous machine set-up experience
- 3-5 years machine set-up and operation experience