Assistant Controller - Manufacturing
Manufacturing Company Windsor, CT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Assistant Controller will be responsible for the planning, coordinating and implementation all general accounting functions and procedures. Responsibilities include reconciliation, financial reporting, implementing and overseeing accounting/administrative policies and procedures and internal controls as well as serving shared services functions of G/L, AR, AP, Cash, Payroll and Fixed Assets in support role.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Provide support to the accounting team in the general accounting, accounts payable, billing, credit/collection, and payroll functions
- Work closely with IT to automate manual processing and improve the efficiency of the accounting function through expanded use of technology.
- Participate in establishing proper accounting policies and procedures, principally in the areas of general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, cash and fixed assets. Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Review the company’s accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances
- Responsible for implementation and compliance with the company's system of internal accounting controls.
- Communicate with appropriate department managers in order to complete daily, weekly, monthly and year-end reports for operations and corporate management.
- Ensure timely month-end closing of the general ledger and the preparation of all necessary month-end general ledger reports, including the trial balance.
- Review month-end reconciliation of all cash, investment, prepaid, accrual and miscellaneous income and expense accounts and any other account analyses required.
- Ensure timely preparation and distribution of all actual to budget cost center reports, operating statements, and other miscellaneous month-end management reports including any necessary analysis and explanation of results.
- Assist in the preparation of timely and accurate financial statements for both internal and external purposes, annual financial budgets and the periodic comparison of actual results to budget.
- Ensure that all required state sales and use taxes are properly collected and remitted.
- Assists with domestic cash planning including the execution of all customary/standard bank wire transfers for operating and payroll purposes.
- Assists with all federal, state and local tax compliance issues.
- Assist in the year-end audit including interfacing with outside auditors, preparation of various analyses of the year-end account balances, and explanation of the change from prior years.
- Responsible for supporting special projects and completion of other tasks as assigned.
What You Need for this Position:
• 5+ years of accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
• Strong ERP experience
• Cost accounting experience
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and work independently with great attention to detail
• Well organized with process improvement skills
Manufacturing CompanyWhy Work Here?
Potential for growth!
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer