Position: Maintenance Mechanic reports to Maintenance Manager
Shift/days: 1st shift Tuesday – Saturday / 6:30am to 3:30pm & Nites
Position Summary: The primary responsibility of this position is to perform maintenance (PM) and machine adherence to keep the production floor operating.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Preventative maintenance (PM) according to PM schedule to minimize equipment downtime.
· Must have a sense of urgency to production lines break downs.
· Understand/follow production schedule to ensure effective changeovers on packaging equipment.
· Supports all changeovers on all packaging equipment are completed in an efficient manner.
· Conduct creative problem solving to identify and perform equipment improvements.
· Experience in food manufacturing/processing.
· GMP, SQF, HACCP experience
· Good understanding of repairing conveyors, chains, motors, light electrical repairs.
· Knowledge of general building repairs.
· Coach/train operators on equipment settings.
· Work with team members and operators to ensure the daily production schedule is followed
· Wexxar Box erectors, 3M Case sealers
· Video jet, Webber Labelers
· Avatar 3200 pouching/Bagging ( VFFS)
· Ohlson Multi-head weighers/scaling systems
· Hobart mixers, Urschel grinders
· Bosh flow wrappers, Hydrauflake flakers and slicers, FCS multiformers
· Hydraulic systems
Oversees and supervises safety initiatives, including but not limited:
· This position will require a very safety oriented person to perform maintenance duties in a team environment
· Participates in safety meetings
· Takes ownership of safety processes; performs maintenance safety program audits (Lockout/Tag out, Fall Protection, PPE).
· Ensure machinery in area is safe and working optimally; maintain constant alert for hazardous conditions and practices.
· Minimum 5+ year’s mechanical and electrical maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
· Strong electrical experience with processing and packaging equipment, required
· Experience in food manufacturing is strongly preferred
· Working knowledge of PLC’s frequency drives, motor controls, instrumentation
· Must be able to read and comprehend ladder logic, electrical schematics, procedures and manuals
· Must have good communication skills both verbal and written.
· Willingness to work off shift, weekends, and holidays
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· High School diploma and/or GED, required
· Technical school experience, preferred