Flow Cytometry Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At Mantra Bio, we seek to eliminate disease-related suffering to enhance the well-being of all. We believe that the key to creating cures is targeted, tissue-specific delivery of therapeutics for dramatically increased efficacy and reduced toxicity. To achieve this, our team of biologists, data scientists, and platform engineers have created REVEALTM, a targeted cargo delivery platform that harnesses exosomes, the body's natural cellular transport system, to create highly tunable exosome therapeutics for some of the most devastating diseases. The foundation of our success is our truly interdisciplinary team of experts who work collaboratively to use the power of data science to fuel and accelerate our wet-lab successes. As a team, we value Self-Empowerment, Candor, Curiosity, and Collaboration and consider our human-centric culture to be our most important asset. We are proud to count 8VC, Viking, Illumina, Allen & Company and TenCent among our investors. Mantra Bio operates out of a newly constructed facility in South San Francisco.
We are seeking a flow cytometry technician II to join the Automation team at Mantra Bio. Our team is responsible for developing systems to streamline the execution of exosome discovery and cell-based characterization assays. We strive to build reliable, repeatable, and resilient systems by addressing the end-to-end workflow. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated scientist with flow cytometry experience and an appreciation of automated workflows and data analysis. The role will be responsible for implementation, characterization, and continuous improvement of our flow cytometry assays, supporting internal researchers throughout the company.
Your contributions will help accelerate groundbreaking scientific research. You will work cross-functionally with skilled biologists, protein engineers, and data scientists in a fast, nimble culture. If you desire to challenge yourself, accelerate your career, and give new hope to patients, there's no better place than Mantra Bio. You must be a self-starter, strategic thinker, action driven, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and excel at managing multiple priorities.Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the execution and analysis of high throughput experiments employing liquid handlers and flow cytometry.
- Run flow cytometry analytics on behalf of internal researchers. Adheres to established turn-around-times while maintaining highest quality results and the most efficient use of resources.
- Must be able to learn to independently operate the flow cytometers, including setup, instrument QC, calibration, routine maintenance, etc.
- Utilize data entry, processing, visualization, and validation tools and provide feedback to data engineers and data analysts on how to improve them.
- Independently analyze research data, solve problems with appropriate guidance, make recommendations for next steps and effectively plan follow-up experiments.
- Assist other research personnel in the use of instrumentation, generate and update high quality documentation. Facilitate orientation and training sessions to new and existing users.
- Perform routine laboratory duties, including but not limited to: ordering lab supplies, instrument maintenance, general upkeep, monitor reagent consumption and track incoming reagent lots.
- Coordinate service repairs and annual maintenance activities with external vendors.
- Collaborate with EH&S to ensure best practices and compliance with safety protocols.
- B.S. in biology, bioengineering or related field with 3 years of flow cytometry or similar laboratory experience.
- Strong data analysis experience using FCS Express or other flow cytometry analysis tools.
- Detail-oriented and able to independently plan and execute well controlled experiments; and organize, analyze, document and communicate results in team meetings.
- Experience working with mammalian cell cultures.
- Enjoys problem solving in a collaborative environment, with an interdisciplinary team.
- Experience in data interpretation and statistical analysis. Basic knowledge of statistics, including confidence intervals, standard error, and p-values.
- Adept at utilizing automation, e.g. automated liquid handling systems to assist with high-throughput workflows.
- Comfortable working with a data-driven team and collaborating with research scientists, data scientists and automation engineers from different backgrounds.
- Highly self-motivated with effective interpersonal skills, with proven ability to work in a dynamic, fast-moving team.
- Values receiving and giving constructive feedback.
- Some experience with relational databases. Basic programming skills and interest in languages such as SQL or Python.
- Experience with cloud based collaboration tools, e.g. Jira for task management and Confluence for documentation
At Mantra Bio, we value Self-Empowerment, Candor, Curiosity, and Collaboration. We take pride in being a human centric, collaborative work place that brings wildly intelligent and business savvy Top Talents together to build the next revolution in targeted drug delivery. We believe that a great team makes a successful company and we trust each team member to do what's best for the organization. We believe that a culture of feedback in an environment of empathy and respect is essential to cultivating curiosity and learning, leading to personal growth and the growth of our organization. Most importantly, we love handing out Kudos, being creative and celebrating our success together. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.Benefits
- Comprehensive health benefits package
- 401k with matching
- Meaningful stock option grants
- Flexible PTO and year-end shutdown
- Generous Parental Leave program
- Growth-oriented professional development opportunities
- Team-building events
- Fully stocked kitchen
AddressSouth San Francisco, CA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Mantra Bio