At Manta you will build cool things with the latest technology while learning a ton!
If you're a RDBMS-type of Data Engineer with excellent experience working on server-side database environments, this is definitely the right opportunity for you to work for an industry leader!
What you'II be doing:
- Dive into massive amounts of data and solve new puzzles in this giant landscape – Using our highly scalable technology, our team supports millions of page views per month!
- Backend technologies using: Java and the Play framework.
- Database technology: Postgresql, Big Query.
- Build and maintain backend APls as well as data processing components for millions of high-dimensional records.
- Integrate with leading third-party vendors and provide team technical leadership and expertise.
- Collaborating with a team of engineers and product managers in an Agile environment.
What you need to be successful:
- 3+ years development experience building large-scale, distributed, high-volume systems.
- Strong programming skills and experience with Java is required.
- Thorough understanding of software design principles, multithreading, concurrency, caching, queuing, and distributed data storage.
- Experience working with, or a desire to learn about, Big Data technologies such as Apache Storm, Map/Reduce, and other cutting-edge technologies.
- Experience with ETL data processing and job scheduling. Strong coding skills in SQL, triggers and stored procedures, scripting and programming languages and thorough understanding of data structures, algorithm complexity, and designing Relational DBs.
- Experience developing RESTful APIs.
- Experience developing asynchronous work queues, high volume storage systems, and high-throughput systems.
- Strong attention to detail with a predilection toward automating almost everything.
- Excellent communication skills, initiative, and teamwork.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and collaborative start-up environment.
Why join us:
- Health/dental/vision insurance start on Day 1!!
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Generous paid time off
- 401k with match
- Culture is important to us! Do you like cookouts? How about happy hours? Are you a foosball champ? Then you’ll love working with us!
- Casual dress every day! We believe that you do your best work when you feel your best.
- Continuous learning and improvement!
- Free snacks!!!!
*If you're interested in putting your talents to work at Manta, we would love to hear from you! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the position.