Do you want to work for a leading healthcare manufacturer? Do you enjoy and have a passion for improving and developing new technologies? Do you have experience working with medical devices and are looking for a new career opportunity? If you said yes, we want to speak to you about our Product Development Engineering position in Brea, CA.
What’s in it for you?
- Full-time hours
- Weekly pay (Every Friday).
- True Temp to Hire opportunity
- Competitive pay $20
- Free College Tuition Program
What you’ll be doing:
- Support senior staff in the exploration and realization of new solutions to clinical problems employing innovative methods and materials
- Acquire fluency in clinical dimensions of infusion products through frequent visits to hospitals, as opportunities allow – undertakes short hospital internships, attends conferences and becomes familiar with the literature
- Gains and employ competency in the application of automated data acquisition and actuator control systems
- Gain and employs competency in the use of statistical methods, design of experiments and experiment management
- Conduct experiments analyze data, prepares reports, presents findings to interdisciplinary teams
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of engineering principles and practices
- Create and execute basic protocols under the direction of others
- Assist in translating customer needs into design inputs verifies design output meets the design input
- Work under the direction of others
- Apply basic principles to accomplish engineering tasks as directed by others
- Research intellectual property landscape and reports findings to team members
Who we're looking for:
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or a closely related engineering degree required. An advanced degree in a complimentary engineering discipline is preferred.
- At least 8-10 years of relevant experience in concept and product development and design with at least 4-5 years of product development and design experience in medical devices/products.
- Successful track record of developing concepts, and transferring product concepts into product development.
- Successful track record of commercializing new products.
- Interaction and successful negotiations with external partners.
- Mechanical design and development.
- Demonstrated customer focus and engagement.
- Leading product development for concepts, new product development, and product engineering.
- Development of project and product requirements.
- Successful end-to-end product development cycles of complex medical systems.
- Demonstrated hands-on R&D impact as an individual contributor in product development.
- Demonstrated ability to develop innovative ideas to solve complex problems and reduce them to practice.
- Deep understanding of disciplined product development through phase-gate processes, regulatory and quality requirements, as well as high-volume manufacturing experience.
- Demonstrated cross-functional problem-solving skills.
- Successful track record of organizational development including acquisition and development of talent.
- Someone with a “Yes, can do!” Attitude.
- Able to pass a Background Check and Drug Screen
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance