1-3 years of HR experience
No payroll experience required but for the 1st 6 months they will have payroll duties, daily data entry of timecards and payroll reconciliation.
We are currently seeking a Human Resources Specialist/Payroll. The HR Specialist/Payroll provides support and guidance in the development and effective administration of HR & Payroll operations. Responsibilities include payroll, data reporting, policy interpretation and administration, employee relations, training, leave administration, recordkeeping and other duties as necessary to ensure maximum effectiveness of the Human Resources function.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Payroll Duties: daily collection & date entry of time cards, daily reconciliation of payroll reports among other payroll duties. Initially, this is 50% of the daily duties until the implementation of electronic payroll system.
- Accurately maintain employee records including on-boarding data, employment adjustments and exit data for multi-locations.
- Tasked with problem analysis and resolution as it pertains to the areas of job responsibility.
- Maintains confidentiality as it pertains to all Human Resource and Payroll information.
- Promptly escalate appropriate issues to HRBP or HR Director.
- Provides prompt, courteous and accurate customer support in resolution of human resource transactions support as it pertains to employment verification, education assistance and related inquires for multi-locations; includes strictly adhering to policies of HR in regard to what information is communicated.
- Provide suggestions and/or recommendations for changes to applicable processes or tools as recognized from functioning in the role on a daily basis.
- Responsible for tracking referral bonus payments and submitting them to payroll in a timely manner.
- Performs a wide variety of duties to support the administration of leaves of absence – FMLA, STD, LTD, military leave, non-FMLA medical leave, and personal leave of absence (non-medical); enters all non-productive paid time into the payroll database.
- Maintains a log for all leave related data ensuring easy retrieval of information and follow-up; collaborates with HRBPs on leave issue escalation and resolution.
- Ensures compliance with state and federal leave laws as well as company policies and procedures.
- Appropriately inputs data into appropriate computer applications/databases ensuring accuracy of information.
- Receives, routes, resolves, and properly closes all HR inquiries within their assignment in an accurate and timely manner.
- Collaborates with appropriate Leader, HRBPs, HRIS, or third parties to resolve complex inquiries or transactions.
- Receives and scans paper-based personnel forms; uploading information into the appropriate applications/databases
- Participates in system testing and identification of system and user-interface issues; provides feedback to HR leadership and HRIS.
- Performs other position appropriate duties as required in a competent, professional and courteous manner.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCES
· Four-year degree required