Under direct supervision, performs minor general maintenance related to operations, machinery equipment and automated systems. Entry-level position shadows higher level technicians to understand and execute routine preventative, predictive and maintenance repairs; uses tools of the trade such as multi-meter True RMS, inside/outside calipers, pliers (various), mechanics level, power tools, precision measuring instruments, Allen Wrench Hex Set Standard & Metric, Phillips screwdriver and band shears, L, R & C.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Checks the operation of machines and assists in trouble-shooting electrical and/or mechanical equipment problems.
2. Performs routine preventative and predictive maintenance on machines and equipment.
3. Identifies the appropriate machine part for replacement or repair and provides name to Maintenance Administrator for a timely order minimizing production equipment downtime.
4. Maintains work orders on a daily and weekly basis. Documents all machine preventative, predictive and/or maintenance repairs clearly and concisely for historical and future maintenance purposes.
5. Continues education and/or training by taking a class related to maintenance technicians’ job on a continuous basis.
6. Drives company vehicles for parts delivery or pick up occasionally.
7. Follows safety regulations and adhering to OSHA and Cal OSHA standards.
8. Other duties as assigned.