Research Associate I – IVD Development
As a Research Associate I in the IVD Product Development team, you will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to help develop NGS-based library prep assays for clinical oncology applications and participate in the development of sample-to-report NGS products for the diagnostic market.
- Conduct, analyze, and present experiments under general direction of supervisor, and in collaboration with other team members.
- Perform routine experimental procedures using standard laboratory equipment including UV-VIS, fluorescence plate readers, PCR, qPCR, gel electrophoresis.
- Independently run assays and instrumentation related to the companies sequencing technology
- Collaborate with all functions within a project team structure (e.g. technical, bioinformatics, and software) to develop new products.
- Conduct predefined analyses using simple Excel functions and graphing procedures
- Help write experimental protocols, summaries and reports in a timely manner.
- Support team with lab organization tasks and other duties as needed.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, biochemistry, or chemistry with 1-4 years of relevant laboratory experience.
- Solid understanding of Scientific principles with a sound foundation in molecular biology, biochemistry, and chemistry.
- Hands on experience with DNA and RNA extraction, qualification, and amplification methods. Familiar with RNA and Pre-PCR best laboratory practices.
- Practical experience with NGS library prep assays and sequencing platforms
- Able to work independently with minimum guidance from managers.
- Ability to perform experiments, analyze large data sets, and interpret results.
- Highly adaptive to changing project scopes and responsibilities.
- Detail-oriented, with proven ability to implement protocols ant think innovatively toward troubleshooting and solving problems effectively and efficiently.
- Strong work ethic, self-motivation, team oriented with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to effectively multitask and advance various projects simultaneously.
Preferred Skills and Experience
• Experience with data analysis software such as JMP
• Experience with DNA and/or RNA based genomic assay development.