KB Home, a Fortune 1000 NYSE company and one of America's premier homebuilders, has an immediate employment opportunity available. The Company operates in 38 markets in 8 states across the nation.
KB Home (NYSE: KBH) is one of the largest homebuilders in the United States, with more than 600,000 homes delivered since our founding in 1957. We operate in 38 markets in eight states, primarily serving first-time and first move-up homebuyers, as well as second move-up and active adults. We are differentiated in offering customers the ability to personalize what they value most in their home, from choosing their lot, floor plan, and exterior, to selecting design and decor choices in our KB Home Studios. In addition, our industry leadership in sustainability helps to lower the cost of homeownership for our buyers compared to a typical resale home. We take a broad approach to sustainability, encompassing energy efficiency, water conservation, healthier indoor environments, smart home capabilities and waste reduction. KB Home is the first national builder to have earned awards under all of the U.S. EPA's homebuilder programs - ENERGY STAR, WaterSense and Indoor airPLUS.
JOB SUMMARY: The Project Manager, Land Development is responsible for managing land assets from project inception through model opening for his/her assigned communities. This position will provide project management oversight of land development projects in the field to include lots, entry features, amenity centers and park improvements. This includes the ability to conduct and review engineering plans and subdivision plats, permits and other governmental or quasi-governmental approvals needed to deliver lots and/or communities per the business plan. Will be responsible for bidding and hiring contractors for all necessary land development and landscaping projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Work with vendors to prepare cost estimates, budgets and schedules for all assigned projects, and track and manage them accordingly.
- Coordinate community opening documents for the Land Department including lot fits, garage orientations, and disclosures.
- Ensure the on-time delivery of all assigned lots to meet established business plan goals and communicate progress to other departments by participating in the weekly New Community meeting.
- Resolve issues for the Operations, Sales, Purchasing, and Legal teams as it pertains to land development matters. Ensures these departments have accurate and real time asset related data and land to sell, start, and build homes timely.
- Ensure all assigned communities are closed-out efficiently and all necessary infrastructure is in place (turn over HOAs, complete sidewalks, etc).
- Manage all regulatory compliance processes for assigned projects from initial planning-construction-acceptance of the project.
- Meet and negotiate with necessary public and private entities (Vendors, City Staff and Council, Engineers, Contractors, State Agencies, etc.) to facilitate resolution of issues or needs involving KB HOME projects and communities.
- Plan and oversee the lot release strategy and process, lot premium allocation, acquisition of shells and foundation soils, and distribution of same to internal departments.
- Manage and oversee all contractors and vendors to assure completion of all projects on time and within budget.
- Prepare vendor work agreements. Review and approve vendor invoice payments.
- Monitor project budgets weekly. Resolve and discuss any budget issues or adjustmentsto with Sr. Manager in a timely manner.
- Participate in a monthly budget meeting that communicates budget issues and status to the Regional Accounting Center and the VPF.
- Ensures all agreements and payment documents are filed and audit ready.
LAND COMMITTEE PACKAGES
- May assist in the review in due diligence and planning for new acquisitions.
- Participate in land planning meetings and all phases of entitlement from Land Package, Preliminary Plat, Final Plat, Construction Plans, and Permitting.
- Act as a liason with the HOAs to drive sense of community initiatives such as mowing schedules, annual replacement, fencing maintenance, etc.
- Coordinate community opening documents for the Land Department including kick off presentations, lot fits, garage orientations, HOA documents and disclosures.
- Attend annual HOA meetings and act as the company's representative for assigned communities.
- Track dry utility designs, SWPPP compliance, assist with bond acquisition , exoneration and warranty release, lot release distribution, plat distribution, AS400 input, and daily field operations.
- BS or BA degree in Engineering or Construction Management preferred
- 2-4 years experience in a planning, construction, engineering or other related real estate development position preferred
- Prior Residential Homebuilding experience desired.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong financial and accounting skills, as well as analytical and computer skills.
- Knowledge of how KB Home processes, Policies and Procedures, and Accounting Standardization Policies, and thorough working knowledge of AS400/J.D. Edwards's system desired.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Must work 8-hour days (during core business hours) with flexibility for longer hours as needed
- Must conduct business in a professional and ethical manner to potential buyers, external business associates and coworkers to reinforce goodwill and profitability for the company.
Find out why KB Home is attracting and retaining the best employees! If you are interested and qualified, please apply now. KB Home provides above average compensation packages and earnings potential, full benefits, an outstanding 401K matching program, bonus plans and amazing promotional opportunities. KB Home is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse work team. Diversity is important to KB Home!
This position is being recruited by ManpowerGroup Solutions, RPO, on behalf of KB Home. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
ManpowerGroup is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in a professional, high quality work environment. It is the policy of ManpowerGroup and all of its subsidiaries to recruit, train, promote, transfer, pay and take all employment actions without regard to an employee's race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.