Manoa Cottage is actively seeking a qualified Nurse Manager to join our team in Honolulu, HI today.
Manoa Cottage Care Homes is seeking an experienced LPN or RN for it’s Adult Resident Care Homes with expanded care in the beautiful Manoa Valley. Be among caring staff, great residents and family members and strong management support. Up to 24 residents. Must be a certified Primary Caregiver or enroll and successfully complete the certification course at the next scheduled class.
The Nurse Manager directs and oversees the day-to-day operations of Manoa Cottage Care Homes in accordance with policies, procedures, established practices, regulations, and laws. The Nurse Manager ensures that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times. The Nurse Manager is the team leader for the facility staff and is supported by a full-time staff nurse and a full-time administrative assistant.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- PTO (Personal Time Off)
- Holiday Benefits
- 401k Plan including company contribution
- Off-Site Events
- Ample Street Parking
- High School diploma or equivalent required College education and degree helpful
- Current State of Hawaii RN or LPN license in valid and good standing
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification
- Adult Residential Care Home Operator Certificate (must be achieved prior to hiring or next available class after hiring)
- 1+ year experience in Long Term Care
- Nurse Management experience preferred
- Assist in conducting tours of the care homes.
- Oversees the clinical and psycho/social care needs of residents.
- Communicates resident’s care needs with the primary care physician and family members/responsible party.
- Conducts staff In-service training.
- Assists in developing and implementing appropriate plans of action to correct identified deficiencies.
- Conducts timely assessments of prospective residents.
- Assures safe staff work practices and conducts safety In-service training sessions.
- Supervises and guides the Lead Nursing Assistants and Nursing Assistants to assure daily tasks are accomplished timely.
- Demonstrates knowledge of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to the care home.
- Demonstrates the ability to seek out new methods and principles and willing to incorporate them into existing practices.
- Maintains constructive relationships with others while working towards establishing a positive work environment and demonstrating value to all staff and residents to the benefit of the facility.
- Friendly and courteous to visitors, residents, and staff at all times. Models a service attitude towards others.
- Takes ownership in solving problems and initiating improvement found from resolutions while remaining flexible as needed. Follows prescribed dress code on a daily basis. Maintains a professional image to the public, residents, and staff.
- Utilize computer software (MS Office products) extensively.
- Creates and maintains a variety of spreadsheets using computer software (Excel).
- Ability to multi-task in all areas of the position.
- Other duties as required.
How To Apply:
If you are interested in joining our team as a Nurse Manager please visit our website at www.manoacottage.com and complete our application under "Employment". You can also download and submit your application by:
- Mail: 748 Olokele Avenue Honolulu, HI 96816
- E-mail: Listed on our website
- Fax: 808-734-0838
- In person: Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m. 748 Olokele Avenue Honolulu, HI 96816
- Questions? Please contact Human Resources 808-426-7225 (Text or Call)
Equal Opportunity Employer