Manoa Cottage, locally owned and operated, offers a home-like setting for senior care. Each of our three cottages house up to eight residents, in a familiar home-like setting surrounding a central courtyard with a garden and koi pond.
Manoa Cottage Care Homes is seeking a weekend Charge Nurse, RN for its adult residential care homes.The Charge Nurse (RN) works at the Care Home directing and overseeing the daily operations of Manoa Cottage Care Homes in accordance with policies, procedures, established practices, regulations and laws. The Charge Nurse ensures that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times. The Charge Nurse is the team leader for facility staff in the absence of the Nurse Manager.
- Casual Part-Time: 8 hours per week every Saturday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- On Call Friday 5:00 p.m. until Monday 8:00 a.m.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following
- Provides nursing care in accordance with the State of Hawaii Nurse Practice Act and State Department of Health Regulations.
- Supervises direct resident care as provided by the Lead Nursing Assistants/CNA, and Nursing Assistants/CNA.
- Supervises and guides the Lead Nursing Assistants/CNA and Nursing Assistants/CNA to assure daily tasks are accomplished timely.
- Maintains a response time of 10 minutes or less when On-Call, Friday from 5:00 p.m. to Monday 8:00 a.m., and evaluates any urgent need communicated by phone and provides instruction and support for resolution
- Assists on the floor as a nursing assistant in the event coverage is not found for an absent nursing assistant
- Assist with any call-ins for the weekend by reaching out to On Call staff or staff who are scheduled off
- Maintains a response and report to work time of 2 hours or less when you determine you need to go to the facility
- Exercising critical thinking to determine if there is need to go to the facility based information received from Lead Nursing Assistants/CNA or Nursing Assistants/CNA while On-Call
- Coordinates resident care between other disciplines, co-workers on different shifts, physicians and ancillary services providers.
- Demonstrates accurate head to toe physical assessment skills for initial and follow-up appraisal of resident status.
- Other duties as required
- Holiday Benefits
- Near Bus Line
- Off-Site Events
- .Hawaii RN active and in good standing
- CPR& First Aid (active)
- 2 Step TB, or Chest X-ray (with proof of positive PPD results)
- Physical Exam (within 1 year)
*How To Apply:
Please visit our website at www.manoacottage.com and complete our application under "Careers". You can also download and submit your application by:
- Mail: 748 Olokele Avenue Honolulu, HI 96816
- E-mail: Listed on our website
- Fax: 808-734-0838
- In person: Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m. 748 Olokele Avenue Honolulu, HI 96816
Equal Opportunity Employer