Directs and coordinates activities of maintenance department through the 2-3 maintenance supervisors. Key responsibilities include ensuring preventative maintenance systems are achieving production run time goals through effective leadership of the supervisors and process improvement team. Direct as necessary activities of workers engaged in repairs, maintenance and process improvement. Provide design and installation direction for all new lines and processing equipment along with ensuring proper training for all users.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Directs a team to ensure all production lines are running efficiently and maintenance budget is achieved
- Directs department activities to design new products, modify existing designs, improve production techniques, and develop test procedures
- Actively participates in a leadership role working cross functionally with management, Production, R&D, Refrigeration, Purchasing, Shipping and Quality Assurance staff to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness, and customer demand for new and existing products
- Forecasts operating costs of department and directs preparation of budget requests
- Advises management of new developments which may affect profit, schedule, costs, customer relations, and/or inter-departmental relations
- Maintains a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner
- Directs training of workers to improve work performance and acquaint workers with company policies and procedures
- Manage parts room inventory stock on min/max inventory system
- Manage reliability team for all of the production packaging line improvements and justifying projects needed to improve plant efficiencies
- Manage production line that includes PM and equipment efficiencies
- Supports other businesses that are owned or operated by Mann Packing Co.
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned
- In the absence of the Maintenance Manager, job duties will be assumed by the Director of Maintenance.
Educational & Job Requirements
- BS degree in engineering or 7-10 years of experience working in a manufacturing engineering and maintenance environment or combination of both.
- Working knowledge of PLC uploading and downloading of programs with basic modifications of ladder logic and able to read electrical drawing / hydraulic systems
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Proficient with Excel, Word; AutoCAD desired.