Transmission Right of Way Agent
- Expired: January 23, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Manifest Solutions is currently seeking a Transmission Right of Way Agent for a hybrid position in Hurricane, WV.
- Responsible for managing and coordinating a portfolio of small - large transmission projects.
- Will manage and direct large project teams comprised of non-direct reports of internal and contract resources.
- Provide guidance, coordination, instruction, and effective communications to initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control, and close projects in a safe, efficient and economical manner to achieve on time and within budget completion of projects.
- Provide leadership and direction and effectively communicate with all stakeholders, including internal customers, (engineering and other team members), external customers, suppliers, contractors, vendors, regulatory and governmental agencies.
- Activities required for the successful installation of Transmission Line and Transmission/Distribution Station facilities include managing the design, construction, material ordering and acquisition, and ROW and real estate acquisition.
- Coordinate the activities of design engineers, project coordinators, schedulers, construction management, ROW agents, accounting, and materials representatives for large and critical multi-million dollar and multi-year projects.
- Responsibilities include interfacing with project sponsors and building teams and kicking off projects and bidding and monitoring construction progress on the projects to bring projects in on time and on budget.
- Responsibilities also include the monthly facilitation of meetings for status and construction and bidding along with creation and updating monthly project cost budgets and project schedules.
- Associates degree plus three (3) years related experience; OR, Bachelor of Science degree plus two (2) years' related experience.
- Related experience can include work in project management, business management, construction management, law, real estate or electric transmission and/or distribution right-of-way.
- Interest or experience with managing turn-key contracts or program management.
- Customer service experience would be helpful.
- Willing to learn and get a career start, even if lacking industry experience.
- Possessing a professional certificate (i.e., IR/WA, SR/WA, PMP, etc) and prior experience in a leadership position and/or project management a plus.
- Well-versed in various aspects of Project Management or the Acquisition of ROW
- Proficient in written & verbal communication skills
- Computer proficiency a must
- Knowledgeable in GIS Mapping systems and databases
- Knowledgeable in real estate values and accepted estimating practices
- Properly review maps, drawings, exhibits
- Knowledgeable in earned value and project reports
- Act as an expert witness, assist and confer with legal counsel and project management in the selection of witnesses and commissioners in connection with condemnation and/or other court actions.
- Works outside normal business hours to accommodate project schedule.
- Candidate must be experienced in creating scopes, budget and schedules, and manage direct project teams comprised of non-direct reports of contract resources.
- Experience in managing projects for ROW or electric transmission preferred.
ConstructionView all jobs at Manifest Solutions
Get fresh Right Way Agent jobs daily straight to your inbox!