We know that good painters do more than refinish outer panels, they make our customer’s vehicles—and our shop—look good! If you are experienced, hard-working and known for your skill and attention to detail, then our busy body shop may be the perfect fit for you.
***SIGNING BONUS WITH JOB OFFER*** (based on experience and certifications)
The painter will refinish all assigned vehicles to pre-accident condition according to the written work-order, effectively diagnose and refinish vehicles thoroughly, safely, and profitably in a manner according to Manheim Portland Auto Body and Detail's standard operating procedures.
- Utilize air sanders, spray guns, sanding blocks, etc. in order to complete quality work
- Direct the painter's apprentice/prepper to jobs in order of priority
- Assist in prep work when necessary
- Manage & control materials cost maximizing usage and inventory
- Prepare color tint to match paint color
- Spray test panels for each vehicle to ensure color match
- Insure that all paint operations are complete, all masking is removed, and all prior paint-related disassembly has been reassembled prior to returning the vehicle to the body technician
- Complete QC sheet for every vehicle as applicable
- Adhere to all regulatory compliance guidelines for hazardous waste disposal
- Maintain clean, orderly and organized work area
- Comply with Manheim Portland Auto Body and Detail's safety rules, guidelines and standards
- Perform other duties as required to successfully meet the needs of the business
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND CHARACTER TRAITS
- 5+ years of automotive refinishing experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Satisfactory completion of a criminal background check
- Comply with all safety requirements, respirator safety, and fitment/usage. Maintain compliance to pass required safety mask fit test
- Ability to effectively communicate with others, oral and written
- Advanced communication to mentor/coach/train apprentices as required
- Ability to read and understand basic instructions, written estimates and work orders
- Multi-tasking; adapts easily to fast-paced environment
- Personable, friendly demeanor with World Class customer service approach to internal and external customers
- Honest, ambitious and reliable
- Neat, organized and engaged
- I-CAR Certifications preferred but not required
- Must be able to work the following days and hours:
- Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Ability to bend, kneel, squat, and pull
- Extended periods of kneeling, bending, squatting and stooping
- Carry and lift heavy objects (up to 50lbs)
- Performing repetitive motions
***Why choose us?***
- The weekends are generally yours to enjoy. There may be an occasional need to work a Saturday, but not often.
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Holiday bonus
- Cutting edge equipment & technology!
- Advancement opportunities. Our company is growing!
- You will be a part of a shop that works in conjunction with a well-established and highly respected auto auction chain and be on a team who believes in working smart to attain shared goals!
***Pay will be based on experience. Please forward resume and salary history; your submittal will be confidential***
- Flat rate
- $60k – 100k
- Actual amount depends on work habit
- Earn additional compensation through bonuses. Sign on bonus based on experience and certifications.
- Payday is every Friday