Group Build Specialist
Who we are:
ManhattanLife Insurance and Annuity Company was founded in 1850, the Company’s longevity makes it one of the oldest and most reliable health and life insurance companies in the country. Operating successfully for 172 years is a testimony to ManhattanLife’s enduring history, and an indicator of the reliability of our future. ManhattanLife’s headquarters are in Houston, TX and the company is continually growing with multiple office locations nation-wide. ManhattanLife offers attractive employee benefits starting day one, including immediate coverage under our health, dental and vision plans. We offer flexible schedules, including shortened hours on Fridays, free parking, company-wide events, and professional development (LOMA testing) and a company-wide wellness program.
Scope and Purpose:
The Group Build Specialist utilizes our billing and administration system to create new and maintain existing groups subscribing to ManhattanLife Insurance Services. The qualified candidate must leverage knowledge of the business and products, as well as sold case forms to correctly identify product specifics required to build the group. This role will be responsible for the following tasks:
You will work in a ManhattanLife office location or an Agile work location.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Routinely Interact with internal customers to implement new groups and provide ongoing Group Build support for new and existing clients.
- Represent Group Build on special projects, defining business requirements and reporting back to a project team.
- Create new groups within specified performance metrics (timelines).
- Implement requested changes to groups within specified performance metrics (timelines).
- Review sold case paperwork to ensure consistency of information, and completeness of requirements to proceed with a group build or change.
- Work within a team of Group Build Specialists to monitor incoming work and completions.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration and/or relatable work experience. FIMMAS experience desirable (internal candidates).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent typing and 10-key skills
- Analytical thinking skills
- Cheerful outlook/able to work in an office team environment
- Organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Flexibility - ability to manage changing priorities and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Meets established expectations and takes responsibility for achieving results; encourages others to do the same.
- Seeks out learning, strives to develop and expand personally, and continuously helps others upgrade their capability to contribute to ManhattanLife.
- Effectively leverages resources to create exceptional outcomes, embraces change, and constructively resolves barriers and constraints.
- Ability to recognize situations that are above their control and need escalation to leadership.
This does not require travel.
- Establish annual objectives for professional growth.
- Keep pace with developments in the discipline.
- Learn and apply technologies that support professional and personal growth.
- Participate in the evaluation process.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to success fully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, type, and use mouse; reach with hands and arms and talk and/or hear. The employee is required to sit for extended periods of time. The position may require lifting, pulling or moving items weighing upwards of 10 pounds as it relates to office or desk supplies.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones via WebEx, physical phone while in office, and photocopiers when necessary.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to the job at any time without notice.
ManhattanLife prohibits discrimination based on race, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EOE Employer/Vet/Disabled. ManhattanLife values differences. We are committed to fostering an environment that attracts and retains a diverse workforce. With individuals from a variety of backgrounds, ManhattanLife will be better equipped to service our customers, increase innovation, and reduce risks. We encourage the unique perspectives of individuals and are dedicated to creating a respectful and inclusive work environment.
ManhattanLife Assurance Company of AmericaLouisville, KY
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.