Manga Hotels Toronto, ON
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
POSITION: General Accountant
Reporting to: Corporate Controller
Manga Hotels is a Canadian based, privately held company involved with the acquisition, development and management of real estate with a focus on high quality hotels affiliated with prestigious brands such as Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, and InterContinental Hotel Group. Manga Hotels is known to be an innovator and trend-setter in the Canadian hospitality industry having built the first LEED-certified hotel in Canada, the Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport, as well as the first Hampton Inn in Canada. The company is committed to sustainable investments and has a proven track record of successful ventures with a reputation for being a trusted and effective property developer and operator.
We are looking for:
Highly energetic detailed oriented person experienced in select-service hotel accounting with an analytical mindset, having proven ability to “own” the books and provide accurate and timely feedback about the operational and financial performance of a property.
The position is responsible for:
Situated in the corporate head office of Manga Hotels Group, the person will be responsible for:
· Full cycle hotel accounting including month-end close of assigned hotel(s);
· Reconciliations and variance analysis;
· Review of all operating and general expenses including inventory items;
· Regular communications with hotel managers and relevant staff;
· Assisting with audits – building schedules and research;
· Ad-hoc requests, projects and re-assignment of duties dependent on department needs
· Special Projects
General Ledger level of responsibility includes, primarily:
· Performs the accounting and monthly close (including variance analysis) for assigned hotels and/or entities according to pre-determined close schedule.
· Timely preparation and issuance of complete and accurate monthly hotel P&L statements
· Preparation of monthly reconciliations for property cash accounts and other GL reconciliations for hotel properties and other entities as assigned
· Contribute to the successful completion of external financial audits, including delivering information and schedules requested by auditors on a timely basis
· Preparations of all JE’s related to the hotels activity, ensuring relevant backup attached
· Continuous review of all key accounts, Balance Sheet and Income Statement related
· Other special projects, ad-hoc reports and responsibilities as assigned
· Ensure integrity of monthly management fees, owner distributions, FF&E funding, and other items as required.
· Assistance in the establishment, documentation and maintenance of SOP’s and internal controls for our accounting operations
· Review AP and AR Aging for all hotels
Non GL responsibilities:
· Monitor and track FF&E
· Assists as necessary in the creation of annual budgets, and monthly variance analyses
· Preparation of ad-hoc reports as requested
· HST reporting
· Training and overseeing the work of junior bookkeepers in AR and AP as needed;
Knowledge & Credentials:
· Good up-to-date understanding of GAAP for Hospitality;
· Minimum 4-5 years of hands-on general ledger, reconciliation & analysis experience
· Bachelor’s degree or three-year diploma in Finance or Accounting
· Minimum three years of prior experience in corporate select service group of hotels
· High computer literacy
· MS Office
· Excel - High level
· Saga 300 (ACCPAC) preferred
· Organized work capability;
· Proven ability to meet deadlines;
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
· Methodical; problem-solving capabilities;
· Sharp report-reading and analysis capabilities;
· Good verbal and written interpersonal communication;
· Willingness to perform at an accelerated pace and work overtime when needed;
Job Type: Full-time
Manga HotelsWhy Work Here?
Great benefits !
10 carlson CourtToronto, ON
Finance and Insurance