Operations Associate: Manchester Capital Management (MCM) is seeking an experienced investment administration and operations professional to work out of our Montecito, California, office with senior Wealth Managers. This role provides support in caring for wealthy clients’ financial affairs and assist in the overall efforts to ensure efficient operational procedures.
MCM is a multi-family office helping wealthy families sustain their wealth, values, and legacy from generation to generation. MCM began as a private family office that combined the resources of several related families who sought superior, cost-effective investment expertise not available from conventional brokerage firms, banks, or investment houses. Manchester registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission in 1993 as a Registered Investment Advisor.
Today, MCM manages over $3 billion in assets for client families with a core competency in investment management, while also providing a full range of “family office” services which include, wealth-transfer strategies, philanthropic guidance, tax planning, educational programs, family governance, and family meetings. The firm’s clients are located across the country, with a handful overseas.
· Prepare client account paperwork
· Coordinate alternative investment subscription/redemption requests
· Process money movements (checks, journals, wires, account transfers, etc.)
· Process quarterly estimated tax payments, annual RMDs and gifting securities
· Prepare materials for client review meetings
· Prepare tax packets for CPAs
· Support quarterly performance reporting process
· Monitor incoming communications for necessary actions
· Provide back up support in absence of other operations associates
· Undergraduate college degree and related training course work
· Preferred previous operational experience in a RIA, broker, or bank
· Working knowledge of investment processes and vehicles (stocks, bonds, etc.)
· Familiarity with portfolio accounting, performance reporting, trading, and CRM systems
· Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and understanding of cost basis/tax lot accounting
· A strong analytical mind, attention to detail, and a desire to learn and grow
· Positive attitude and willingness to accept change
· Strong written, verbal, and inter-personal communication skill
Compensation depends on experience
Manchester Capital Management LLC
Why Work Here?
Great people, great benefits, beautiful office