Manchac Technologies LLC Alexandria, LA
- Posted: over a month ago
The System Administrator is responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network, and servers. This person will also be responsible for installation of hardware and software along with other IT related activities in order to continuously improve and keep up with business needs of the organization. The System Administrator will actively resolve problems and issues with computer, network, and server systems to limit work disruptions within the company.
- Coordinate with managers and users to identify systems problems; assesses severity of the issues and prioritizes responses as appropriate.
- Performs system tests and works to resolve issues and errors.
- Works with users to identify system requirements; develops processing procedures and systems modification to meet these specifications.
- Uses structured and cost analysis to identify and recommend updates to the current network and computer systems.
- Maintain network infrastructure standards.
- Verify that backups are performed, periodically testing for accuracy and perform restore operations when requested.
- Primary owner of internal databases (CRM, ERP, Help Desk, Oversee, SolidWorks, SPT, etc.).
- Responsible for implementation and support of HIPAA processes.
- Add and maintain users on the network; assigning application access, ensuring security, and maintain their configurations are within standards.
- Provides technical support identifying, investigating, and resolving user problems with computer software and hardware for problems specific to the organizations computer networks and systems.
- Applies knowledge of computer software, hardware, and procedures to solve problems.
- Collaborates with other staff to research and resolve problems.
- Arranges service by software or hardware vendors to repair or replace defective products.
- Maintains knowledge of technology innovations and trends.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited 4-year college or university with three to five years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Documentable knowledge of local and wide area networks; computer software and hardware
- Knowledge of data communications, network planning and analysis; and vendor evaluations
- Active Directory
- Office 365 Administration
- VMware vSphere
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Any technical certifications and/or training in computer hardware and/or software services, local and wide area networks, and/or communications highly desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to explain technical issues to technical and nontechnical staff and customers.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Superior understanding of computer and networking hardware and software systems.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn a broad array of networking and systems hardware and software.
The offer will be contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and preemployment drug screen.
Manchac is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information or veteran's status.
Manchac Technologies LLC
TechnologyView all jobs at Manchac Technologies LLC