The marketing department at Rival Solutions, a Baltimore based marketing and promotional advertising firm – seeks a Marketing and Business Communications Intern for the next term. The position is a full time, paid internship with opportunities to extend into the Semester pending successful completion of the program. A select group of interns will also receive offers for full time positions at the firm post-graduation.
Rival Solutions offers real-world marketing experience servicing leaders in the Home Improvement industries. The marketing intern will work directly with and report to the Marketing Manager. This may involve doing research on a target market, actively participating in product knowledge seminars and morning meetings, and providing direct customer service and sales support to consumers. The marketing intern can expect to gain insight into innovative marketing and communications strategies through full participation in company activities and directives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct market and territory research
- Assist Account Managers with customer interactions and sales support
- Assist with the launch of new campaigns and products as needed
- Accurately input customer data and track sales records
- Attend and learn all product knowledge for clients and apply in actual consumer interactions and marketing initiatives
- Additional duties as assigned
Experience and Qualifications:
- Candidate must be available at least 4 full days a week for the fall/winter term (this may include weekends as needed)
- Associated major is preferred but all will be considered
- Strong communication skills
- Desire to get hands on work experience and be consistently challenged in the program
- Ability to function professionally in a fast-paced environment