Project Controls Specialist
Who we are…
Management Solutions is a national award-winning management consulting firm that specializes in project execution, strategic consulting and change management. With a results-driven focus, we provide technical knowledge, enhance professional standards and develop innovative solutions that increase productivity and help our clients meet their specific project, program and organizational goals.
Founded in 2002 , MSLLC has been named Small Business of the Year by the U.S. Small Business Administration, the Department of Energy and the Oak Ridge National Laboratory. MSLLC has also been recognized as one of the Top Employers in the Greater Knoxville area.
What you will do: Are you seeking something challenging? Management Solutions is always looking for strong talent to join our team. At our core, we understand that the key component that underlies everything in business is the people. Great companies cannot be successful without them. We look for technically skilled achievers who think critically, love to solve problems, and are passionate about pursuing comprehensive excellence in their lives. This position is primarily remote with periodic travel to client sites ( must work on Eastern time zone office hours). Must reside in the United States and local candidates in Louisville, KY will be given preference. This position is pending contract approval.
Management Solutions is seeking a qualified Project Controls Specialist to support our contracts across the country. The primary effort is to work with our clients and project delivery teams by developing cost and schedule baselines; collecting and analyzing monthly progress; analyzing project variances; ensuring risk reserves are updated and integrated into project financial forecasts; and reporting this information to appropriate levels in standard formats. Supports the implementation of financial controls, procedures, systems, and forecasting techniques. Interfaces with members of the project teams and various levels of management. The Project Controls Specialist will handle multiple projects and will be expected to work independently.
Responsibilities & Competencies…
- This is an intermediate level of the Project Controls classification hierarchy.
- Team members at this level are responsible for completing routine aspects of project control assignments with minimal oversight.
- Develops, maintains, and analyzes integrated critical path schedules for major projects and/or portfolio of projects in accordance with contract specifications.
- Develops and documents project planning considerations and objectives, scope and milestones to incorporate into the schedule.
- Gathers project progress information from project manager and project team members to update and monitor the project.
- Evaluates and updates data regarding schedule dates, physical percent complete, resource requirements, subcontractor commitments and project accruals.
- Reviews schedule progress and productivity of resources.
- Develops time-phased project cost and resource forecasts; validates project costs; updates requirements as required.
- Monitors progress of project deliverables and actual expenditures versus forecasts.
- Performs performance reporting for a portfolio of projects or programs using Earned Value Management.
- Conducts financial analysis including variance, risk and profit/loss analyses, etc.
- Performs non-routine analyses and prepares non-routine financial reports.
- Documents and assesses the impact of project changes on cost/schedule baselines.
- Evaluates and raises project early warning signals to project manager or project lead.
- Evaluates and recommends resource realignments to maintain project execution.
- Generates and analyzes earned value reports for projects and discuss any observations with the project manager.
- Evaluates project execution and impact of developing trends using prescribed methodologies to determine if project is proceeding within available resources and budget.
- Prepares client and internal status reports to communicate cost status and documents trends.
- Ensures compliance with internal procedures and contractual specifications such as federal/government regulations.
- Minimum of 2 years of Project Controls experience required
- Minimum of 2 years of Scheduling experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management or related field preferred
- Intermediate P6 user (P6 assessment required before interview)
- Intermediate level competency in both schedule and cost control
- Intermediate level understanding of Project Management (PROJ360 assessment required before interview)
- Advanced level understanding of Microsoft office suite
- Exceptional communication, teamwork and influencing skills that foster a collaborative and continuous-improvement environment
- PMP or other applicable certification preferred
- DoD or DOE experience preferred
- Ability to pass a federal background check and drug screen
- As we are a federal contractor, this position will follow any federal protocols related to COVID-19 safety.
MSLLC provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees.
Management Solutions LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Powered by JazzHR
Management Solutions LLCLouisville, KY
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.