Manager of Project Management/Controls Division
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
What you will do: Are you seeking something challenging? Management Solutions is always looking for strong talent to join our team. At our core, we understand that the key component that underlies everything in business is the people. We look for technically skilled achievers who think critically, love to solve problems, and are passionate about pursuing comprehensive excellence in their lives.
Management Solutions is seeking a qualified individual with a strong background in Project Management/Controls and managerial experience to support our contracts and staff across the country and also manage the operational and fiscal activities of the division. This role will provide day to day leadership and management of the Project Management/Controls division. This role is located in Knoxville, TN. Local candidates will receive first priority.
This role will also work with our clients and project delivery teams by developing cost and schedule baselines; collecting and analyzing monthly progress; analyzing project variances; ensuring risk reserves are updated and integrated into project financial forecasts; and reporting this information to appropriate levels in standard formats. Support the implementation of financial controls, procedures, systems, and forecasting techniques. This role also interfaces with members of various project teams and as well as executive leadership.
Who we are…
Management Solutions is a national award-winning management consulting firm that specializes in project execution, strategic consulting and change management. With a results-driven focus, we provide technical knowledge, enhance professional standards and develop innovative solutions that increase productivity and help our clients meet their specific project, program and organizational goals.
Founded in 2002 , MSLLC has been named Small Business of the Year by the U.S. Small Business Administration, the Department of Energy and the Oak Ridge National Laboratory. MSLLC has also been recognized as one of the Top Employers in the Greater Knoxville area.
Responsibilities & Competencies…
- Team members at this level are responsible for completing routine aspects of project management/control assignments with minimal oversight.
- Develops, maintains, and analyzes integrated critical path schedules for major projects and/or portfolio of projects in accordance with contract specifications.
- Develops and documents project planning considerations and objectives, scope and milestones to incorporate into the schedule.
- Manages the operational and fiscal activities of the PM/PC division.
- Serves as a role model and mentor to challenge others to develop as leaders and attain goals and pursue excellence.
- Identifies opportunities for organizational improvement and manage the process of innovative change effectively.
- Identifies opportunities for Project Management/Controls staff through business development.
- Initiates and conducts semiannually and periodic performance reviews and strives to retain impeccable employee performance documentation.
- Gathers project progress information from project manager and project team members to update and monitor the project.
- Evaluates and updates data regarding schedule dates, physical percent complete, resource requirements, subcontractor commitments and project accruals.
- Reviews schedule progress and productivity of resources.
- Develops time-phased project cost and resource forecasts; validates project costs; updates requirements as required.
- Monitors progress of project deliverables and actual expenditures versus forecasts.
- Performs performance reporting for a portfolio of projects or programs using Earned Value Management.
- Conducts financial analysis including variance, risk and profit/loss analyses, etc.
- Performs non-routine analyses and prepares non-routine financial reports.
- Documents and assesses the impact of project changes on cost/schedule baselines.
- Evaluates and recommends resource realignments to maintain project execution.
- Generates and analyzes earned value reports for projects.
- Evaluates project execution and impact of developing trends using prescribed methodologies to determine if project is proceeding within available resources and budget.
- Prepares client and internal status reports to communicate cost status and documents trends.
- Ensures compliance with internal procedures and contractual specifications such as federal/government regulations.
- Uses appropriate document management protocols to manage the storage and retrieval of project documentation.
- Leads project teams and reviews the work of junior staff as necessary. Provides mentoring to junior staff such as giving feedback on technical issues, managing relationships and career/organizational issues.
- Responsible for growing work with existing clients, identifying new business development opportunities, and work with management to close new opportunities with new and existing clients.
- Communicates clearly to clients the overall value of MSLLC’s services to their projects/programs.
- Provides expertise and innovation regarding project controls and/or project management methodologies, technologies, and techniques that can be implemented into our internal processes and offered as solution to our clients.
- Incorporates the MSLLC Firmwide Behaviors Philosophy "Live the core values, Deliver to clients, Foster collaboration, Demonstrate leadership, Develop expertise” and motivates others to do the same.
- Represents the company and present at meetings and/or conferences. Work externally with providers or clients as assigned. Make recommendations for improvements and/or efficiencies to management.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Minimum of 10 years of Project Management and/or Controls experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required (engineering, construction management or related field preferred).
- Experienced with Primavera P6 and MS Project scheduling software.
- Advanced level competency in both schedule and cost control.
- Advanced level of understanding of Project Management/Controls, Scheduling, and EVMS systems and principles required.
- Experience in Department of Energy EVMS systems strongly preferred.
- Intermediate to Advanced level understanding of Project Management
- PMP certification preferred.
- Advanced level understanding of Microsoft office suite.
- Have a high emotional intelligence. Exceptional communication, teamwork and influencing skills that foster a collaborative and continuous-improvement environment.
- DoD or DOE experience required.
- Some travel required.
Management Solutions LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Powered by JazzHR
Management Solutions LLC
TechnologyView all jobs at Management Solutions LLC