- Posted: over a month ago
What you will do: Are you seeking something challenging? Management Solutions is always looking for strong talent to join our team. At our core, we understand that the key component that underlies everything in business is the people. Great companies cannot be successful without them. We look for technically skilled achievers who think critically, love to solve problems, and are passionate about pursuing comprehensive excellence in their lives. This is a full time position with benefits.
The primary focus of the Environmental Consultant/Scientist is to plan, research, assess and report on data associated with our clients’ environmental challenges. To work with the team to solve these challenges, and with Sr. Department Leadership to develop the best path forward to ensure compliance for our clients in their respective programs.
This is a mid-level role for an environmental scientist who has a solid fundamental understanding of the environmental consulting industry and is a demonstrated self-starter and critical thinker. This role will involve working on multiple projects both in the office and in the field. Likely split for these efforts will be 70/30 with the majority of time in the office. Some travel will be required. Exceptional communication skills and organization are expected in this role as you work independently, provide subcontractor oversight, and execute assigned work within budgets on all tasks.
Who we are…
Management Solutions is a national award-winning management consulting firm that specializes in project execution, strategic consulting and change management.
Founded in 2002 , MSLLC has been named Small Business of the Year by the U.S. Small Business Administration, the Department of Energy and the Oak Ridge National Laboratory. MSLLC has also been recognized as one of the Top Employers in the Greater Knoxville area.
Responsibilities & Competencies…
- Collects, manages, and analyzes environmental data to make regulatory compliance decisions and prepare reports documenting compliance status in accordance with contract specifications.
- Performs database and archive research to determine site histories, regulatory actions and applicable site compliance background,
- Performs field data collection including:
- Installation of soil borings and monitoring wells,
- Logging of drill cores,
- Collecting soil and groundwater samples,
- Collect physical site data and measurements to enable preparation of site maps,
- Preparing detailed field notes.
- Prepares environmental reports including:
- Site Investigation Reports,
- Groundwater monitoring reports
- Quality Assurance Plans
- Health and Safety Plans
- Interfaces with clients, regulators, property owners and other project stakeholders to ensure site access and work schedules are understood and accepted
- Documents and assesses the impact of project changes on cost/schedule baselines.
- Evaluates and raises project early warning signals to project manager.
- Evaluates and recommends resource realignments to maintain project execution.
- Evaluates project execution and impact of developing trends using prescribed methodologies to determine if project is proceeding within available resources and budget.
- Prepares client and internal status reports to communicate scope, schedule and cost status/trends.
- Ensures compliance with internal procedures such as federal/government regulations.
- Uses appropriate document management protocols to manage the storage and retrieval of project documentation.
- Assists Sr. Leadership with growing work with existing clients, identifying new business development opportunities, and work with management to close new opportunities with new and existing clients.
- Communicate clearly to clients the overall value of MSLLC’s services to their projects/programs.
- Provide expertise and innovation regarding methodologies, technologies, and techniques that can be implemented into our internal processes and offered as solution to our clients.
- Provide “thought leadership” regarding emerging strategic opportunities, PM insights/best practices/tools or challenges by:
- Participate and where appropriate, present at conferences, seminars, workshops, and internal lunch and learns;
- Write white papers for publications;
- Have a significant social media presence for industry ideas and collaboration (i.e. LinkedIn, and Twitter);
- Be affiliated with at least one (1) Professional organization and serve in a leadership role on a board or council, if possible.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in geology, earth sciences, biology, engineering, or related field. Master’s Degree preferred
- 3-8 years of experience in Environmental Consulting, a regulatory environment or engineering services.
- 40 Hour OSHA HAZWOPPER Training and annual Updates
- PG licensure preferred, or work towards obtaining.
- High competency in Microsoft Office Applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams and Power Point.
- Experience, training and/or expertise in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) to develop and prepare Site Maps for Environmental Reports is a plus.
- Experience in CERCLA. RCRA, CWA and State led regulatory compliance and cleanup programs is important.
- Experience working on US Army Corps of Engineers or DoD sites is a plus.
- Experience in ground water, soil and surface water sampling, and formal training in such is a plus.
- Exceptional communication, teamwork and influencing skills that foster a collaborative and continuous-improvement environment.
- Must pass a federal background check and drug screening, if selected.
Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. Work may be performed at the client site and/or MSLLC offices. Travel may be required. Work is mostly sedentary in nature but may require occasional standing and walking. Work will include outside field work with environmental conditions on to oversee subcontractors, perform environmental sampling and to review completion and/or status of construction projects. There are times the work may require you to wear issued safety equipment. Must have good vision and be able to read, write, and communicate fluently in English. Occasional overtime may be required to meet project deadlines.
Management Solutions LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Powered by JazzHR
Management Solutions LLC
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at Management Solutions LLC