- Posted: over a month ago
- $55,000 to $65,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, life insurance, medical,
Please note; that this role is a remote opportunity!
A large MSO in the San Fernando Valley has an immediate opening for the following position. Competitive salary and benefits in a collaborative working environment. For immediate consideration, please send your resume and salary requirements.
The Accountant will report to the Manager of Finance and assist the Accounting Supervisor with the preparation of the internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from other departmental sources. The Accountant will assist by preparing journal entries and by maintaining records, files and reconciling accounts. Maintains and controls the General Ledger accounts and business transactions of the organization, applying the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) that includes analytical work and thorough review of financial records.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Accounting Supervisor with the day-to-day, monthly and year-end operations of the Accounting/ Finance Department including grant management and budget review and analysis.
- Manages the recording of accounts payable transactions, revenue, receivable and work closely with the Budget Analyst to ensure that revenue and expense align.
- Perform the processing of functional and benefits expense allocations, monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, fixed assets depreciation and recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries, if necessary
- Prepare and analyze the monthly budget/forecast to actual variance reports per program and department.
- Perform general accounts analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, fixed assets, employer’s benefit costs, accruals and prepaid expenses.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports such as financial statements, and budget performance.
- Assures accuracy and timeliness of all entries and analysis.
- Prepare EOM financial and board packages as needed
- Prepare ad-hoc financial analysis as requested by the Controller, CFO and/or the client
- Prepare other financial packages and ad-hoc reports as need for Operations Meeting
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (Accounting/Finance) or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience is required.
- 3+ years general ledger analysis a must.
- Strong background in budget planning and analysis a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Demonstrates intermediate to advanced understanding and experience using Excel (VBA’s, macros. Pivot tables, vlookup, hlookup), MS Access and other Microsoft Office Systems required.
- Must be highly analytical and possess a strong grasp of finance concepts such as capital budgeting, discounted cash flow, financial statement analysis and forecasting.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, work accurately, meet deadlines and provide effective reporting is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to develop and maintain effective working relationships across all levels within the organization.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Willingness to ensure the job is performed within specified parameters and deadlines is essential
- Knowledge of Mas200, Ez-cap a plus
- Medi-Cal/Medicare/MHC knowledge helpful
- Demonstrate ability to plan, organize and manage modest projects successfully.
- Requisite poise, judgment, and trustworthiness to represent MSO to internal and external groups
- Maintains information in a confidential manner and complies with HIPAA laws according to policy.
- Be able to demonstrate attention to details and good-record-keeping
- Demonstrate a proficient level of professional skill and/or knowledge in accounting and keep current with developments and trends. Knowledge and ability to use applicable information technology and systems to meet work needs.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of the position.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Non or very limited physical effort is required.
- Non or very limited exposure to physical risk.
Management Service Organization (MSO)
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?