Financial Reporting Analyst - Healthcare
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Please note; that this role is a remote opportunity!
MedPOINT Management (MPM), a large MSO in the San Fernando Valley has an immediate opening for the following position. Competitive salary and benefits in a collaborative working environment. For immediate consideration, please provide your resume and salary requirements.
The All Clients HP/LOB Reporting Analyst (Reporting Analyst) provides avenues for management to make important decisions through detecting trends and creating reports. They communicate these findings to the appropriate Financial Analyst (FA) and Management and provide insights where needed. Ideal Candidate should have experience working through large data sets, identifying data schematics to determine the appropriateness of sources and have the necessary background to understand financial statements and accounting entries. Candidate must complete additional assignments and projects as required and be a key supporting resource for Finance Supervisor, Finance Manager, Controller, and CFO or other administrative team members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, and if needed, improve upon existing reporting requirements in connection with all clients’ financial performance by Health Plan and Lines of Business by using ERP software and reports pulled from operational system (EZ-Cap).
- Maintain databases and perform periodic updates as necessary to ensure accuracy and relevance.
- Regularly examine data reports to locate and resolve any issues throughout.
- Accurately analyze reports, identifying changes and key trends, then effectively communicate findings to FA and management.
- Assist Senior FA in utilizing Power BI to facilitate streamlined views of key cost areas to be shared with other departments.
- Prepare ad-hoc business reports as requested by the Controller, CFO, and/or the client.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience as a Financials or Business Analyst is required.
- 3+ years of Physician Organization or Health Plan, Hospital Finance, and/or Health Plan experience (operations, objectives, processes, and information flow).
- A definitive understanding of provider and health plan contracting, delineation of risk, medical terminology and standard industry reimbursement methodologies are required. Knowledge of CPT, HCPC, DRG, ICD-9, ICD-10 and NDC coding a plus.
- Strong understanding and experience using Excel (VBA’s, macros, Pivot tables, vlookup, hlookup), Power Point, and MS Access required.
- Crystal/SQL experience, knowledge of Sage100, EZ-Cap, MS Power BI, and Tableau a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must be highly analytical & possess a strong grasp of finance concepts such as financial statement analysis, accounting entries.
- Work accurately and efficiently, meet deadlines under pressure and provide actionable reporting is required.
- Strong analytical thinking to determine reasonableness and the ability to provide meaningful solutions.
- Detail-oriented, tendency to pay close attention to small details that could impact results.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Maintains information in a confidential manner and complies with HIPAA laws according to policy.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of the position.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Currently a full-time remote position.
- No or very limited physical effort is required. No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
Management Service Organization (MSO)
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Remote Senior Financial Analyst jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.