The Sr. Mechanical Testing Engineer is responsible for managing the day to day activities of multiple projects, including, planning, scheduling, testing, data analysis and reporting. The Sr. Testing Engineer will manage testing projects, using standard and custom test frames across a variety of implants and devices.
- Responsible for managing the Lab Engineering Technicians, and Mechanical Designer as well as external vendors.
- Coordinates testing priorities, scheduling, and machine utilization.
- Ability to create and develop procedures
- Design and evaluate new test methods.
- Evaluate data and create test reports.
- Manages mechanical design operations.
- Ensures that all activities of the lab team comply with the current QAS.
- Improves efficiency within scope of influence using lean methods and tools.
- Actively participates in developing strategic goals for the company and translate those into specific goals for direct reports.
- Other duties as assigned
- BS in Chemistry, Physics, or Engineering or equivalent preferred, but not required.
- To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to adapt to changes, solve problems creatively and effectively manage and communicate with engineering personnel and to the engineering manager.
- Ability to effectively develop and performance manage direct reports.
- At least 5 years of experience in medical device testing.
- At least 3 years of experience in new product development manufacturing engineering including time working with contract manufacturers.
- Strong proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, and Word