MLT prepares low and moderate income men and women of color to secure high trajectory post-college jobs that deliver economic mobility for their families, and then provides the social capital they need to become high-impact senior leaders who can transform our institutions and vulnerable communities. Spanning college through mid-career, MLT's programs have driven breakthrough results for more than 8,000 underrepresented minorities and 130+ partner organizations including leading corporations, social-sector organizations and universities.
As our Associate Director of Business Development, you will play a key role in helping us expand our reach and empower more of our Fellows to maximize their leadership potential. You will be responsible for identifying new partnership opportunities and establishing relationships with major corporations. To do so, you will drive a consultative sales process by identifying prospects, cultivating current relationships toward closure, leading pitch presentations, negotiating partnership terms, and ensuring a smooth hand-off to the account management team. You will help us establish about 10 new partnerships a year with organizations seeking to collaborate with us on talent recruitment and development.
Our current portfolio includes nearly 100 of the world's leading corporations and non-profits, including Goldman Sachs, Facebook, Google, PepsiCo, and KKR, and your efforts to expand our strategic partnerships will further broaden the base of organizations that employ our top talent. This role is an ideal stepping stone if you are seeking to build your relationship base in a dramatic way, across various sectors and industries. At our partner organizations, as well as within MLT, you will have significant exposure to senior leaders, with whom you will partner to close these new deals and upsell existing clients.
The ideal candidate has strong experience in strategic partnership management and business development; you may have built your career in business development in any number of industries. You should understand and be able to articulate our value proposition such that it empowers prospective partners to galvanize support for our mission within their organizations. You will be based in our headquarters in Bethesda, MD and will report to the VP, Institutional Partnerships.
- Successfully establish new business partnerships with top-tier corporations and leading non-profit organizations
- Work with existing partner organizations to increase revenue and to identify additional opportunities for partnership engagements
- Build a strong business case for partnering with us and serve as primary point of contact for questions from prospective partners
- Identify key decision-makers and supporters within prospective partner organizations and manage relationships through strong communication and project management
- Manage revenue pipeline and forecast within Salesforce
- 8 years of cumulative experience with a minimum of 5 years in business development, strategic partnership management or consultative sales; MBA preferred
- Track record of success meeting and exceeding sales quotas
- Strong ability to develop effective written pitch documents, including presentation decks that frame data in a compelling, audience-centered narrative
- Ability to navigate complex organizations and to understand key access points, develop strategic relationships and influence stakeholder decision-making
- Willingness to travel occasionally and attend conferences and pitch meetings as needed