Compliance Specialist - Affordable Housing
- Posted: over a month ago
- $45,000 to $55,000 Yearly
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k,
We are seeking a professional who has vast knowledge of the Section 8 program who is a self-starter, able to work independently, and has the ability to multi-task between responsibilities as follows:
Duties & Responsibilities
- Follow the rules & regulations and guidelines established by the IRS and respective state agencies who have oversight responsibility
- Become familiar with and knowledgeable of federal, state, and local laws and regulations as they relate to compliance including; not limited to: Section 8, Section 236 Low Income Housing
- Conducting initial, interim, and annual certifications.
- Quality control review and approval of certification files
- EIV processing, report monitoring, repayment agreements and income discrepancy investigation as well as 50059 corrections
- Support and monitor site staff on compliance policies
- Demonstrate strong professionalism and integrity.
- Assist in the preparation of Management Occupancy Reviews (MORs)
- 3+ years of experience in a compliance role desired. Knowledge and minimum of 2 years’ experience working in an applicable compliance program required
- Must have knowledge of Low Income Housing Section 8, Section 236.
- Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS) preferred
- OneSite and Microsoft Office experience required
- Strong analytical skills required
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
- Must be organized, self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Knowledge and experience with digital document storage and filing.
We offer a competitive salary, company vehicle, training and development programs, career growth opportunities, community volunteer and outreach program, and comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Life & Disability, Paid Time Off, 401(K), Health Saving/Flexible Health Saving Accounts, Our values are built upon the company’s mission and vision, and include: protecting the asset, integrity, developing people, and company growth. If you would like to be a part of a rapidly growing company and have an interest in the property management industry, KMC is the place for you!
Management CompanyWhy Work Here?
Great company, great benefits, and great people!
Midwest property management company that services hundreds of communities. This a family-owned company treats its employees like family. The average employee has been with the company over 10 years! Long-term professional relationships foster the opportunity for career growth. Join a company that values and invests in its employees.
AddressClinton Township, MI
BusinessView all jobs at Management Company