Management Business Solutions is seeking an Assistant Controller for its client in Whitehall, MI. This individual will assist in managing the accounting and reporting on business metrics and financial information; development of internal controls, policies and procedures; and preparation of financial statements in compliance with regulations and policies. This position will support one of the plant’s business units.
- Manage the deployment of and drive accountability for annual cost reduction and business improvement programs.
- Cooperate in the development and deployment of goals and KPIs to improve productivity, quality, delivery, profitability, inventory management and operations cycle times.
- Manage, evaluate and analyze financial data (forecasts, plans, operating results and performance objectives) for accuracy and consistency, and assist in periodic reporting and explanations.
- Ensure that plant, business unit, corporate and government financial reporting and analysis requirements are coordinated and met, and serve as a coordinator and disseminator of information to decision-makers.
- Assist in the establishment and management of robust internal controls systems in line with corporate and locational policies and procedures, and ensure the integrity of financial transactions and activities in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Provide support and leadership to internal operations for financial evaluation and management of projects, plans and investments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration required.
- MBA, CMA or CPA preferred.
- 7 years of experience in Accounting/Finance in a manufacturing environment required.
- High level of expertise with MS Office.
- Strong cost accounting, database querying and analytical background.
MANAGEMENT BUSINESS SOLUTIONS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER