SUMMARY: Management Business Solutions is seeking an Estimator - Commercial Construction for our client in Nashville, TN. This candidate will have previous experience in either a pre-construction or estimating role within a commercial environment. This individual will be responsible for preparing complex estimates for competitive bids and negotiated proposals.
- Performs quantity survey of materials shown on project plans.
- Read and outline project specifications.
- Support audit trails of the quantity surveys from estimate to estimate.
- Handle vendor/subcontractor pricing/bid solicitation and coordination.
- Supports the distribution of plans and specifications to vendors/subcontractors.
- Collaborate with a variety of stakeholders, such as project team members, subcontractors, vendors and clients.
- Schedule and coordinate logistics in project estimates.
- Collaborates with operations, field staff, and a variety of other individuals.
- Improves project profitability opportunities by applying basic understanding of insurance structures, fees and rates.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering or related field required.
- A minimum of 7 years construction experience required.
- At least 5+ years of estimating experience required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on strong Excel skills required.
- Knowledge of Lean process and philosophy.
- Ability to develop proficiency in Lens, Revit and/or ASE software.
MANAGEMENT BUSINESS SOLUTIONS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER