Temp-to-Hire Ambulatory Clinical RN or LPN: Chicago Medical District
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical,
Our client, a busy Union Healthcare Clinic, located near the west side of Chicago has an immediate opening for an experienced temp-to-hire full-time IL Licensed RN or LPN. A CPR/BLS Certification is also required. You must have at least 1 year of recent and related nursing work experience. As a Staff Nurse you will be responsible for providing ambulatory care services to patients, assessing and treating patient conditions and providing preventive services. Bilingual in Polish or Spanish is a plus, but not required.
- Completing patient assessments and creating treatment plans.
- Checking in scheduled patients and preparing patients for examinations by taking vital signs, obtaining patient medical histories and complaints and ordering preliminary work to be done prior to unscheduled visits.
- Ensuring that the physician’s previous and current orders are carried out.
- Assisting the physician as necessary with general medical examinations, pelvic exams, ear irrigations, suture removals, preparing specimens for lab, throat cultures, etc.
- Assisting and preparing patients for minor surgeries, proctoscopies, cystoscopies, and other medical procedures.
- Following up on abnormal test results to ensure physician intervention.
- Ensuring that all documentation guidelines are met within the EMR System.
- Administering blood draws, injections, immunizations and performing venipunctures.
- Providing patient education regarding health maintenance and disease management.
Able to work flex shifts Monday-Friday, between 8:00am-5:30pm (possibly until 8:00pm on Tues.& Thurs.) and some Saturdays required. After the temp contract period you will be eligible for a generous union benefits package including; medical, dental and vision insurance benefits for both you and your family with a very minimal out of pocket expense, overtime pay, very generous vacation, holiday and sick pay, Union Pension Plan, 403b Retirement Plan, Life Insurance, etc.
If you or anyone you know is interested, qualified and immediately available please send an updated resume to us for immediate review and consideration.
Managed Care Staffers
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?