ManagePoint in Wauwatosa is a fast-growing technology consulting company focused on the SMB market. We pride ourselves on superior delivery of service, professional solutions and friendly service.
ManagePoint is actively seeking to add a highly energetic Technical Support Specialist – Level 2 to our team of seasoned professionals on a full-time basis. Our environment requires candidates that are highly motivated to perform, self-disciplined to manage workloads, and client focused with ability to integrate into our client environments and show immediate value.
The Technical Support Specialist's primary role is to provide client support and solve intermediate - expert level technical issues pertaining to desktop/server infrastructure, network infrastructure, security and applications. Other various related issues must be accomplished promptly as well, all matching or exceeding the customer service expectations ManagePoint has of its employees.
- Provide technical guidance, assistance and coordination to end-users for PC, network, software and hardware problems
- Analyze incoming support requests, identify problems, develop and implement logical conclusions and effective solutions.
- Accurately document details related to client support issues in help desk ticketing system and complete ticket/tasks efficiently
- Create, build and foster strong and effective working relationships with peers, management, clients, and vendors
- Develop and create documentation and support materials for knowledgebase
- Ability to display dependability through IT Help Desk shift coverage part time from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM CST
- Associates degree in Information Technology related field or 3 years in a similar professional position
- Knowledge of common help desk/ticketing solutions. Understanding of AutoTask a plus.
- Demonstrated success in working with people in establishing goals, objectives, and change management plans.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience/training in providing technical support
- Perform a wide variety of duties and responsibilities with accuracy and speed under pressure of time sensitive deadlines.
- Perform multiple tasks simultaneously, including handling interruptions, and return to and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate integrity, ingenuity and inventiveness in the performance of assigned tasks.
- Ability to easily adapt to and learn new technologies.
- Maintain important records efficiently and accurately.
- Maintain confidentiality of information processed or prepared.
- Perform duties and responsibilities independently.
- Ability to coordinate, research, and analyze special projects/reports.
- Perform time management and scheduling functions, meet deadlines, and set project priorities, including following up on such functions or projects.
- Must possess positive, professional interpersonal skills.
- High-level proficiency in the management and troubleshooting of the following technologies:
- MS Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/2019
- MS Windows 7/10
- MS Active Directory and security
- MS Remote Desktop Server
- BCDR Applications and Equipment
- TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WINS, SNMP, WMI, LDAP
- Server and desktop hardware
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology related field or 5 years in a similar professional position
- Experience with the following vendors and partners is preferred:
- Experience with the following concepts a plus:
- PCI / SOX/ HIPAA Compliance Requirements
- Application publishing
- Virtual desktop infrastructure
- Routing and switching
- Content filtering, unified threat management, information security
Personal Attributes Required
- Demonstrate ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely and efficient manner through our testing process. This is a hands-on test performed at ManagePoint’s location.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with customers and ManagePoint peers
- Prove superior writing and oral communication skills
- Prove desire to keep current with technologies relevant to business
- Prove ability to manage difficult customer situations, respond promptly to the customer needs and solicit customer feedback to improve service
- Desire to champion new technologies in business environments
- Willingness to adapt to changes in the work environment
- Manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Own a reliable vehicle for travel to client sites.
- Be available at times to work off hours for customer migrations, upgrades and technical issues
Compensation & Benefits
- $41,000 to $55,000 a year - salary is commensurate with experience
- Health insurance
- long-term disability
- 401K with company matching
- paid holidays
- reimbursed mileage
- performance bonuses
Why Work Here?Headquartered in Wauwatosa,WI, ManagePoint has become a leading Managed IT Services Provider in Southeastern Wisconsin. We offer competitive pay scale, excellent benefits package, professional work environment and a strong learning & career growth potential!
Awesome CEO, technical team and a lot of opportunity to succeed!