The Medical Laboratory Technical Supervisor assists supervisory and quality assurance in organizing and overseeing work performed in their area. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, written and verbal, detailed oriented and can work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
Strong need for experience in microbiology, chemistry/immunoassay, molecular/PGX
· Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
· Be knowledgeable on quality control processes, calibration demands, and analyzers of the laboratory.
· Be able to interpret and release results.
· Performs quality review of quality control and error report.
· Answer questions pertaining to laboratory data results, and/or questions about troubleshooting analyzers.
· Monitor inventory of samples/supplies, and order supplies.
· Keep up with staff schedules to ensure every shift is covered.
· Alert the Laboratory Manager of errors or results when applicable.
· Ensure staff binders are up-to-date, and ensure competency checks are done, documented, and filed appropriately.
· Set-up and train laboratory staff to ensure laboratory procedures are being followed correctly.
· Adheres to all laboratory procedures as stated in procedure manuals.
· Communicates pertinent section information/issues to Accessioning Supervisor, Manager or other appropriate individuals.
· Exercise all laboratory safety policies and regulations by OSHA for safety, infection control and Bloodborne pathogens. Maintains a safe environment in the lab always.
· Abide by all regulatory, company and departmental regulations, policies, and procedures, including the Corporate Compliance Program.
· Set-up, lead, and participate in lab meetings to generate ideas for improving efficiency and productivity in the lab’s operations.
· Must adhere to patient confidentiality and Code of Conduct set forth by the laboratory.
· Other duties as assigned.
·Must qualify as a Technical Consultant for high complexity testing per CAP/CLIA guidelines. This includes a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, biological, clinical laboratory science, or medical technology and at least 2 years of laboratory training and experience in hematology, clinical chemistry, and urinalysis.
· Extra consideration will be given to candidates who also have at least 4 years of training and experience in microbiology, chemistry/immunoassay, molecular/PGX
Previous lead/supervisory experience preferred.
· Must be comfortable working with patient specimens
· Familiarity with healthcare needs and regulations (HIPAA, etc.).
· Ability to complete work assignments accurately and in a timely manner.
· Must be able to keep a clean and organized work environment.
· Completion of an Accredited Medical Technology
· Must have either MLS (ASCP), MT (ASCP, AMT) Certification.
· Responsible for assisting in the supervision of Laboratory Staff.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation must be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Physical Demands: Must be able to meet all physical requirements for performing the essential functions of the job to include, but not limited to: ability to stand, sit, and walk throughout an assigned shift. Must be able to bend, squat, reach, and lift (up to 40 pounds).
Work Environment: Work is performed primarily in a lab setting with frequent interruptions and distractions. Exposure to blood and body fluids, communicable diseases, chemicals, radiation, and repetitive motions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies and procedures and to act as a role model in adherence to said policies. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. I have read, understood and had the opportunity to ask questions regarding this position description.