Tier 3 Service Desk Entry Level Engineer
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International, you'll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Tier 3 Service Desk Entry Level Engineer to join our team in the Herndon, VA. This position supports a 24/7/365 service center. You will have the option of three different shifts (1st, 2nd, and 3rd).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for providing support to end-user community on hardware, software and network related problems, questions, and use.
- Provides resolutions to out of the ordinary issues for users. If unable to diagnose problem, will work with Help Desk Management to diagnose and resolve problem.
- Responds to tier two and higher trouble tickets.
- Ensures problem ownership and promotes end-user satisfaction.
- Closes activities of tickets assigned.
- Manage, troubleshoot, and resolve issues with printers, desktops, laptops, MS Surface Hubs, and Avocor collaboration tools.
- Deploy system patches to resolve vulnerabilities within required time periods.
- Create and update workstation OS images.
- Implement and maintain group policy and STIGs for enterprise endpoints.
- Provide technical guidance and knowledge base articles / content to Tier 1 and Tier 2 teams.
- A bachelor's degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent
- At least (1) one year of related experience in computer hardware, software, networking systems, and in the set-up, configuration, use, and troubleshooting of computer systems.
- Demonstrated experience resolving complex issues with printers, desktops, laptops, and other enterprise hardware.
- Demonstrated experience managing, testing, and deploying security patches and COTS software updates.
- Demonstrated experience managing, testing, and implementing group policy and STIGs.
- Proficient with ServiceNow
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
- Must be able to be in a stationary position more than 50% of the time
- Must be able to communicate, converse, and exchange information with peers and senior personnel
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a computer
- The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers, management, and customers, which may involve delivering presentations. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.
ManTech International CorporationHerndon, VA
Get fresh Tier 3 Service Desk Entry Level Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.